Mine On The Way - Have Root Questions
1. If I root it, will this make the tethering and hotspot work like it does on the Nexus One and if I root it will I be able to use any sim card from any carrier?
2. If I root it, will any future updates (via over the air, like bug fixes and os upgrades) be able to be downloaded by my phone and how will this effect my phone?
3. Lastly, where can I go online to do like the easy root type of thingy, like where you plug your ph...
1. Rooting opens up the capability for your phone to do mobile hotspot. But you will need to download an app to get the function after you have rooted it. Rooting it just makes it possible.
2. You should be able to receive all updates, even on a rooted device. worse comes to worse, you can just remove the root, update the phone, then re root the phone.
3. Always be checking www.xdadevelopers.com These guys are everything android.
2. If you have a rooted device, the updates from the the carrier will no longer be valid for use on your phone. You will have something called a rom and this rom will be able to get updated by who ever makes it. You can use a stock version of the build and still have the ability to update if someone cracks the update.
3. I would recommend that you google it first, and if not go to you tube and search for videos with step by step directions. Looking at someone do it may make it easier for you to feel at ...