HTC Droid Eris
- A couple of days ago, my email accounts just disappeared. I went to check email, and it wanted me to set up a new account. Both accounts that I had previously set up were just gone.
- A couple of times, the phone has completely frozen up so I couldn't unlock it. So far this has only happened when it was charging, plugged into my PC via USB. Eventually after a few minutes, it came back to life, but still an annoyance.
- I have not been able to get it connected to any Wifi networks, either at my home (WPA2 personal and MAC address filtering, which HTC said were compatible with the device), or at work where we have a secured network and a completely open network with no security.
- Some of my shortcuts have just disappeared
- Doesn't seem to ever fully charge, even when left plugged in for 9 hours
- Microsoft Exchange email doesn't work with ActiveSync that's built into the device. I've gotten it to do everything except send email. I've researched this and found it is a bug, and everyone uses TouchDown for Exchange email instead. Kind of ridiculous that we should have to buy a $20 app for email - the one they provide should just work. Does the next OS version fix this?
It's a really neat phone and it seems to have a lot of potential, but the issues are definitely getting to me. Has anyone else experienced these issues? I'm trying to figure out whether I should try a new handset, or return it for something else, and if so, whether to get another Android phone or something different.
Also, does anyone know how to close applications? If I'm in the browser and just keep hitting back, will it eventually close or do I have to do something else? I'm coming from a Blackberry Curve where you had to hit the Blackberry button and select "Close" in the menu to close applications - I haven't found anything similar on this phone. I know people use different task killer apps, but I'd like to know if there's a way to close apps when you're done using them too.
I'd love to hear other feedback and opinions. Thanks!