Replying to: N97 vrs N95, whatÂ´s better? by carbert007
Re: N97 vrs N95, whatÂ´s better?
Here's where the N97 is better than the N95:
- Call quality.
- Battery and battery life.
- Audio quality through 3.5mm jack.
- It's thinner.
- QWERTY (albeit an odd layout)
- It's got a camera lens cover, with problems that may or may not have been resolved yet. I heard they might be.
- Dual LED flash, can be used as video light.
- Camera is better for the most part except for Sports Scene mode.
- Better build quality.
- Homescreen allows for more customization and widgets.
- Faster web browser.
- Bigger display of course.
- 32GB of onboard storage.
Here's where the N95 kills it:
- Stereo speakers are still king. N97's sound very high pitched (tuned for voices), nowhere near as good for music, and not as loud either.
- Video recording yields much better audio results than on N97.
- Camera produces better Sports scene shots.
- Has plenty of free phone memory, compared to the appalling amount on the N97. After installing Nokia Email, and Ovi Maps for Mobile, there's hardly any left on the N97. It's a big problem when certain things will have to be installed there.
- Has plenty of free RAM to let you multitask without problems. The N97 has 50MB of RAM or so and it goes fast. There's no running the web and email at the same time, or the gallery and web, or the gallery and email. Plenty of issues there if you multitask a lot.
- GPS is better. GPS has been a problem on the N97. Some seem to be okay, but a lot of users have problems.
- Keypad has feeling to it on the N95, even if it's too much. The N97's is all over the place with tactile feedback. Some keys have good feeling, others have no click feeling at all and don't give you confidence that you've clicked them.
- Has the pencil key for easy shortcuts to copy, cut, paste.
I'd honestly pass on the N97, and possibly look at the N97 Mini. The Mini has more phone memory so it won't suffer the same fate as the N97, but still retains the same amount of RAM, so multitasking may be an issue there as well, but I'm not sure. Also, the camera lens cover is gone too, so that problem won't be there either.
But, by going with the N97 Mini, you lose the larger screen, bigger battery, 32GB, and the D-pad.
No replies to this message