Build quality issues. Anybody else have this?
Hey, I just got my N97 in from Amazon. It's the NAM version, RM-507. I was very disappointed to see it has the made in China label, since my opinion of Chinese made products has never been a good one. Upon inspecting the phone, I happen to notice a few things.
1) The SIM card makes noise for some reason when I shake the phone, sounds like something is knocking around. The second I take the card out of the tray, and shake the phone, there is no noise at all. It's not loud, but you can definitely hear it.
2) The phone doesn't quite sit completely flat when the slide is closed. The side with the speakers on it has no gap in the middle when closed but, the two ends both have 1/2 mm gaps.
3) The keyboard tactile feedback is horrible on the top row, and the bottom row, as well as the left, bottom, and top of the D-pad. The right on the D-pad is perfect as it is raised compared to the rest of the D-pad, as well as the middle row of the keyboard; they all have some clickiness to them, E71 feel if you will, and they all feel as if they're raised higher then everything else. The top and bottom row both have the same feeling, whichi is hardly any feeling at all, completely different than that of the middle row which has a distinct clickiness to it. The other wierd thing is that the farther toward the right you get on the keyboard on the top and bottom row, the less you can actually feel the keys. The same goes for the enter key. They all seem to be flush with the surrounding plastic as opposed to the middle row.
Does anybody else see the same things in their devices or is it just mine? I need to get a consensus because if it's just mine, then it's going back, and I'm getting another one.
- Re: Build quality issues. Anybody else have this? by Omagus
- Re: Build quality issues. Anybody else have this? by HokiesACC
- Re: Build quality issues. Anybody else have this? by AvgJoe
Shop for accessories specifically compatible with the Nokia N97.