LG Chocolate 3 VX-8560
Multiple firmware issues
1) During a call the phone will restart, soft reboot, power cycle; by this I mean the phone will actually power down to the black screen with the Verizon trademark logo and then power back up, of course dropping the call. This can happen within 30 seconds of the call being connected or it may happen 20 minutes into the call. It has happened while on the go or stationary, in town or out of town, it may not happen for two days then can happen for three calls back to back. So far I have been unable to find the cause or trigger for this and is happening now usually 3 to 4 times a day. BTW I previously had two LG VX8700 phones that did this exact same thing in addition they would power cycle during an email, text or instant message and sometimes during a V Cast session.
2) Usually two to three times a day the key pad tones will stop working even though the volume level for the key pad tone is set at the maximum setting. Powering the phone off and back on will restore the tones for several hours.
3) When using the VZ Navigator the key pad tones become muted and will not function till exiting VZ Navigator.
4) About 20% of the time the phone will display â€œThis cable is not recommended for this phoneâ€ when plugging in the supplied AC charger. This message has never been displayed when using the cable plugged into a USB port or using an automotive charger.
I use my phone more as a phone than anything else, typically 3000+ minutes a month on the nationwide premium plan, email and text messages. No ring tones, music or third party software downloaded and all pictures are stored on a 1G or 2G SD card. I selected the VX8560 for its small size and USB connectivity. While I am a newbie to this forum I have owned a cell since the bag phone and brick days, so any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
- Re: Multiple firmware issues by jjw0782
- Re: Multiple firmware issues by DTMartin
- Re: Multiple firmware issues by Wyattyouknow
- Re: Multiple firmware issues by jessicad