LG Chocolate 3 VX-8560
Internal v. External Memory
It's a bit of pain taking out the SD card every time I want to access the internal memory. Does anyone know of an easier way? Thanks.
I have an 8gb sd card in my Choc 3. I use the bluetooth file transfer system in OSX and the C3 to transfer files from my iTunes music library. I can transfer the mp3 files to the internal phone memory or the sd card and the phone has no problem finding or playing them. I don't use Rhapsody or Windows Media Player.
Currently, there is approx 889 Mb of memory in the choco 3 internal drive that is dedicated to music. The only way I can access this internal memory is by running the LG USBAutoRun.exe file and choosing Music Sync option (which takes me to Rhapsody). Afterwards, I can copy music files from my computer and download it directly into the phone's internal memory.
However, when SD card is inserted, the LG USBAutoRun.exe will only recognize the SD external drive as the only drive for storing music. I can't access the choco 3 internal memory. Thus, in order for me to use the full 3Gb of memory (~1G of internal + 2G SD card), I have to pul...
1. The SD card if installed or
2. The Phone's memory if there is no SD card.
I'm also assuming you are not having a playback problem, just a transfer problem and are trying to max out the available memory without having to pull out the SD card.
I would suggest the following:
1. Leave the SD card installed.
2. Use your transfer program to put you music on the sd card.
3. Transfer ("Move") files as required to the phones internal memory. Example: Use the Music menus to display some music files then select Options. One of the options is "Move to Phone." S...
I have an 8gb sd card in my Choc 3.
I have a similar issue.
I can't seem to load very many MP3 files on my 8 Gbyte card. If I do it causes the phone (chocolate 3) to reboot at the end of the initialize.
Also, I had to put the files at the root of the MyMusic directory on the formated card (no sub directories allowed).
Are you have any problems?
How much free space is left on your 8 Gbyte card.
1. From iTunes find the songs you want to transfer.
2. Drag the files to your Public/Drop Box folder.
3. From the bluetooth utility menu select Browse Device.
4. Double click LG VX8560.
5. Double click on MyMusic.
6. Click on the Send button.
7. Go to the Drop Box folder and select the files to transfer and click send. The transfer will occur.
8. After transferring files you can erase the copies from the drop box folder.
The files go to...
You are almost to the limit, it was somewhere between 3 and 4 gig for me.
Once I hit this problem area, I was no longer able to play misic from the external 8 gig card (Unless I removed some files so I was again below the limit).
Here's what happened:
When I inserted the card and tryed to play a song, this starts a load sequence. After the last song is loaded the phone would reboot and none of the songs were available.
Getting the files on the card was no problem for me. The issue was how much I was able to store on the external 8 gig card before it would wig out.
I contacted my wireless phone provider and they tryed software updates, different 8 gig cards and even different Choclate 3 phones. No ...