LG enV2 (VX-9100)
Contacts transfer via Bluetooth
I know that I can e-mail myself a ringtone at email@example.com and save the sound as a ringer. Picture/Video/Sound messages are pay-per for me, so this isn't the most economic way to transfer ringers.
I'd buy a cable, but who wants to deal with that shi...
A little tip for those who choose the same route: on the phone accepting the contacts, you don't need to acknowledge receipt of the vCard(s), just send one after another from the source phone worked for me.
How much does Backup Assistant cost?
The monthly subscription for Backup Assistant is $1.99. When downloading Backup Assistant, usage charges apply (airtime or data, depending on your plan). Standard Text Messaging rates apply when you initiate contacts synchronization from the Backup Assistant website. Have the monthly subscription fee waived and data charges when you register for My Account as the Account Holder.
It wouldn't work anyway since my old phone is deactivated. I wouldn't be able to download anything to it.
1. pair your old phone with new phone.
2. go to the contacts in your old phone, and highlight a contact that you are transferring.
3. hit the options button.
4. under options, all the way at the bottom is "send name card"
5. you will then be prompted for what method; select bluetooth.
6. then select your new phone from the list.
7. NOW here is the neat part. after that you will then have the option to put a "check" next to as many of your contacts as you want. after you do that, hit "done"
8. select your new phone from the list of paired devices and that should do it.
1. Go to contacts
2. Select Options
3. Scroll down to "Send Name Card"
4. Select "Send via bluetooth"
5. Then select "options" ---> MARK ALL --->OK
6. Select "done"
7. Select your bluetooth device - in this case your other Env2 phone.
8. Once you select your device it will start the transfer off all of your contacts.
I transferred 180 contacts in less than 30 seconds!