Motorola RAZR2 V9m
Replying to: My full review of the pathetic RAZR 2 by the2ndfl
Re: My full review of the pathetic RAZR 2
First before I write this review, this is MY review; so I don't want to hear the genetic replies like "Oh, you are using the phone incorrectly", "I never had those problems", and "Maybe your phone is just defective." Trust me, my take on the Sprint Motorola RAZR 2 V9m is coming from years using every type of phone, from every major carrier.
1. Large inside and outer screen.
2. Sprint TV/Radio application works well.
1. Does not support any of Motorola Bluetooth headset and headphones that I own. Even my new Moto stereo headphones that came out before the RAZR 2 even came out, don't even work.
"I have 5 different motorola headsets here at work ever single one pairs too it"
2. Daily White-Screen freeze errors.
"I own this phone the only time I had this problem was when I had a theme applied to the phone that didn't work, changed the theme back stopped having the problems."
3. Text input in third-party app's in annoying. the "1" key cycles though characters that you will never use just to get to a period aor @ sign. the "0" key is used to cycle though the rest and again goes though characters that you will rarely use just to get one you will use a lot."I slightly agree"
4. The touch-screen is way too sensitive. If you don't have a key-lock set, you will find that the TV app will load in your pocket and turn to a channel. Or it will just load the app and waste the already pathetic battery life. Even if the key-lock is on, the vibrate feature will go off so many times that when you goto use the phone, you will end up having 1 bar, maybe 2. "occassionly my camera gets turned on while the phone is in my pocket maybe like twice a week. Got a holster for the phone problem solved"
5. Horrible battery life. Unlike the A900, Katana, and pretty much all other slim-phones, the RAZR 2 gets really hot when using it. Heat means wasted energy, thus making the battery life the worst I have ever seen. If you are using bluetooth, and/or the TV app, or in an area with a weak signal, battery life can be as low as 40 minutes. Battery life is not as good as my M1 was but it is much better then katanas and old razrs I used. I use over 2000min a month and tons of data my phone never gets really hot"
6. The UI is SLOW! I mean as slow as slow can get. This comes to it's full power of annoyance when you end up loading an application that you didn't mean to, and closing it down takes 5 to 10 seconds to close down. This will happen a lot, because the buttons are so close together, that you will end up loading the music or TV app without even trying. Scrolling through you content is horrible. Images take what seems like months to switch to the next. "if you ever used an old razr you would not think this is the slowest ui ever. It is slower then most of my old phones tho."
7. No real media player. You can not fast forward or rewind video clips. So those days of watching movies and shows on your phone are over. Unless you want to sit and watch it from the beginning." I will test this and get back to you but I could have sworn I could fast forward by holding the button down."
8. You can not hear the volume when setting the level for the ringer, alarm, ect. This most basic of features shows how low Moto has come when making phones. "cmon really? if you use the phone regularly you will know how loud each setting is you dont need the phone to tell you over and over"
9. The lower set of speaks has a groove where overtime it will cut into your fingers when holding the phone to watch TV. " there is nothing on this phone no matter where or how hard i squeezed it that has ever cut into my fingers"
10. The inner display has the typical data and time features, but with the RAZR 2 you can not get rid of the date. So if you have a cool screen saver, you will see "00/00/000 Day" on the screen. So if you have a cool pic of a Cele you are into, their face will be blocked.
11. The web browser is HTML, but it renders the site into pages. So a normal sized site will be cut into many pages. Some sites are cut into 10+ pages. Unlike Opera mini which can render the entire page in one window. You will be scrolling page to page just to see the content you like. "wait hold on a second... ok done i downloaded opera mini problem solved next"
12. Since the browser is HTML, WAP sites can't be loaded very well if at all. So if you want to download a Java app through a WAP site, you might not be able to at all.
13. Third party apps can easily cause the phone to lock-up. Basic app's that load on even the most simple phone will cause the phone to lock in a white screen and you will have to pull the battery to get out. "like i said before only thing ever causeing a problem was one bad theme i installed"
14. Alarm doesn't always go off. This has happen to me a lot. " i use the alarm every morning. I still have a job."
15. When you use the speaker-phone or use the speakers with Telenav, the sound quality is horrible. On the other end my friends make me repeat what I am saying. The speaker-phone has been known in the past to be one of the best features found in Moto phones; this is not the case with the V9m." the phone is incredibly thin yea the cut down on speaker clarity to make a better looking phone."
16. Buttons on the side are tiny. With a plastic snap-on case they are very difficult to press. " yea when you put something on your phone that isn't made by motorola and some other company cheaply manufactors it makes your phone harder to use. I mean cmon really"
There isn't much good to say about this piece of ****. I know it took a lot of dumb engineers from some place where the labor is cheap to make a phone this bad. They had to wake up every morning thinking of every possible way to make something this bad. It takes hard work to make a phone that is 1,000,000,000 times worse then the worse phone I have ever used the VGA1000, but Moto did it. I think it is time for Motorola to make TV's again. Because as far as phones go, I don't think they could make a worse phone then this. Well, most likely they could. Man, how bad will that phone be?
I waited years for a media Moto phone through Sprint and I am disappointed beyond words.
So in closing, the V9m is like Windows Vista; full of bugs, overly priced, lackluster features, and will be used as an example of how an over-hype product can kill brand loyalty. -47 Trillion out of 10.
RIP Moto V9m, you will never be missed.
"In closing your an idiot, simply put if you wanna review a phone you have to be open to the fact that there are defects in some phones, there are possibilities you got a bad one and chances you have no idea what you are doing. Your review is pathetic when you go through some of your reasons it just upsets me, for example if i put a plastic case on my phone its harder to press the buttons. TAKE OF THE CASE. "
No replies to this message
Shop for accessories specifically compatible with the Motorola RAZR2 V9m.