HTC S710 (Vox)
Few questions for T-Mobile subscribers in the US
so i got my first smart phone almost 2 weeks ago and so far I am ok with the device. I love the form factor, but wish the sliding kb was a little firmer when locked, it feels a little too slidable, but over all not too bad. I read most of the posts on here and they did solve most of my initial problems, however i still can't get my GPRS/EDGE to work to get on the internet, though it worked with my outlook email. yes, the connection setting on my browser is set to automatic.
since this is my first smartphone, here are some newbie questions:
1. why when i search with Live Search, all the results are UK sites??? the first thing that comes to mind is that some where in the setup i have to set the search to US portals, how do I do that? another reason maybe that the Live Search is a European version???
2. Does flash sites work on smartphone? i downloaded Flash Lite from adobe, but it is true that if the site is not developed for windows mobile, the flash won't work?
3. So I got a microSD card for my mp3z, and i have 2 choices to play them. but both the media player & audio manager have their dumbfounding issues. stupid media player would not rememer that my mp3z are stored in the storage, not my device. I have to set it everytime i open it. Is there a setting where it would look in the right place in the first place? i like the look and organization of the audio manager, BUT why does it sort my songs in the album in alphabetical order rather than the song order??? lord...
4. I have the E on top, but i got a mountain symbol next to it too, that means roaming according to the good book. I live here in the US, use the phone locally like my previous phone, why does it say i am roaming???
5. Has anyone got onto Tzone with this phone? the Tmobile tech guy told me i have to set my homepage to wap.myvoicestream.com how is that done???
6. last but not least, as i mentioned before i am still having problems browsing with GSRP/EDGE. can someone check my settings below:
i'll keep searching for answers, but any help is appriciated.
No replies to this message