Phone Scoop

printed June 30, 2015
See this page online at:

Home  ›  Phones  ›  Motorola  ›

Motorola ROKR Z6


Info Photos Reviews  10 News Forum  

Back to message list

ROKR Z6 technical questions (PC connectivtiy)

by Autarkis    Nov 1, 2007, 8:32 AM

Hello people,

I'm totally new to this forum so bear with me. Smile I'm also not really fit with current mobile phone technology. Confused

So, I need a new phone (my current one is a T68i, yeah I know Embarassed ).

I've got a few technical questions:

1) Is there a "USB Disk" mode, so that I can use the phone as a USB flash card reader? I need this so it will work with Linux, and it's also important to be able to transfer files between the phone and Windows computers without needing to install drivers (which I wouldn't have the rights to do on most PCs I encounter on campus). (Clarification: I need the phone to work just like a USB stick)

2) Is there a limitation on the file size or track length of MP3 files used for ring tones? Will a long ring tone just be cut short or can I have a full blown 4 minute track a a ringtone?

3) Concerning text messages: Is there a way (on this phone or other) to keep a record of "text message delivered" - messages? It would help to have more information about who read which text message when.

4) Can I use BlueTooth to transfer any file, e.g. Power Point Presentations, from my phone to another?

5) Tricky questions: What kind of partition and file system is the Flash Disk formatted with?

6) Simple question: How long is the USB cable included?

7) I have a really old SIM. (Bought it around 1999 I guess) Does this phone have any problems with that?

Thanks for your time,



Report to moderator


Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram


All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.