Samsung BlackJack SGH-i607
BlackJack Internet access as Modem
What's the number I should use to use this feature?
1. connect the blackjack to your computer using the usb cable
2. on your computer browse to the windows directory on your cell phone
3. There will be a flie called Internet Sharing, copy this file
4. now browse to the folder in the windows folder called start menu
5. Paste the file in the folder
6. now on your cell phone click on start and scroll down to the internet sharing icon that is now listed there and open it.
7. click on the connect button and you should be in business
"Cannot copy Internet Sharing: Access is denied.
Make sure your mobile device has sufficient memory, that the file is not set as read-only, and that you have permission to copy this file type."
I had the same results and found a solution: 1. Use Active Sync Explorer to Copy the Internet Sharing file in the \Windows folder of you Blackjack to your computer.
2. Now edit the properties of the copy on your computer. Remove the READ ONLY.
3. Copy this file back to the Blackjack directory \Windows\Start Menu.
4. You should now see it in your Start Menu.
I hope this is easy to follow. I just did it a couple of minutes ago.
I really appreciate the direction from other on this forum.
Using Vista, I have a connection path of "Computer/*'s Smartphone/\/" ((No typos))