Phone Scoop

printed September 2, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.php?fm=m&ff=1058&fh=971353

Home  ›  Phones  ›  Samsung  ›

Samsung SPH-M610

 

Info Photos Reviews  40 News Forum  

all discussions

memory card error with any card larger than 64mb

JohnnyUtah

Jan 13, 2007, 4:38 PM
I have a 1 gb and 2 gb micro sd card and the phone will not read or write to either of them.

when formatting the card-
after i enter in the lock code it prompts me that it will erase all data and i confirm, then it just takes me back to the menu without saying that format was completed.

when attempting to create the media folder-
i get a memory card error please try again

i get these errors everytime unless using the 64 mb card the phone came with.

any suggesstions?

thanks
...
Enzo83

Jan 15, 2007, 7:59 PM
not sure what to tell you. i run a 1gb and a 2gb. both work 75% of the time; the other 25% says "memory card error or no media folder".
there is no update for the phone yet. but i suggest if you're not using a Sandisk TF, get one. hands down the best. and we're lucky the phone was only trusted up to 1gb according to Samsung.
good luck
...
clyde1

Jan 23, 2007, 9:40 PM
When we first got the phone, I installed a brand new Sandisk 1GB microSD card. At first, the camera was able to store pictures and video to the card just fine. Then, after about 2 days, it just stopped working. Won't let me store a new picture to the card, and won't let me browse the pictures on the card. But I can browse the card on my desktop just fine.

Nothing I do makes the card usable in the phone. Yet, the 64MB card that came with the phone is working fine.

I've taken the 1GB card and erased all the data, using the desktop. Then I used the phone to "format memory card", and nothing seems to work. This is dissappointing. Any ideas on what to try?

By the way, when I press ok to "format memory card", it seemed like it w...
(continues)
...
JohnnyUtah

Mar 11, 2007, 4:38 PM
I went to my Sprint store with my phone and they swapped it out since i have Total Equipment Protection. My new phone reads and writes on my 2GB microSD Card. Its freakin sweet. I have about 15 full length family guy episodes and over 300 mp3s. This phone is saweeeet.
...
kiten

Oct 9, 2007, 11:33 AM
dang, i just posted a post about this. And I dont have total equiptment protection as i should. My phone is doing the exact same thing with my one gig.
...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2