Replying to: mp3s as ringtones? by trunkylova637
Re: mp3s as ringtones?
these are the steps i used to get it to work
1. install the xilisoft 3gp-video-converter trial version http://www.xilisoft.com/3gp-video-converter.h tml
2. once installed load the file you need to convert, drag and drop method etc. just get it on.
3.select the song you wish to convert if more than one at a time highlight them all.
4. (for the highest quality) you can just go ahead and click the minus sign on general and video in the upper right hand corner of the program. but for audio first set these options
Audio Codec: mpeg4aac
Disable Audio: False
5. at the bottom MAKE SURE the settings read.....
Profile: 3GPP - 3rd Generation Partnership Project (*.3gp)
Destination: (whereever you want i chose desktop)
6. Click Encode. It'll ask you to register just clik later or w/e and it'll proceed.
7. then just bluetooth it over and apply as ringtone!
this should work for you unless you want a ringtone larger than 2 mins then it wouldn't let you create it. and i use goldwave to trim the song clips from the mp3's first."
Note about the xilisoft software: it's probably easiest to grab it from bit torrent.
No replies to this message