BlackBerry Bold 9700
Do-It-Yourself Video to fix Bold 9700 many keyboard issues
Have you ever taken your phone back to T-Mobile and the teenager behind the counter doesn't want to help or pretend not to know anything?
Why not fix the problem yourself?
I opened up my Blackberry to loosened
up the keyboard, now the End Key is not sticking anymore.
Another problem solved.
Problem with sticky "Send" key and LCD light leaching under "Menu" and "Return" keys
- The Send key button feels very spongy and creaky.
- There is light emanating in the gap between the LCD screen and Menu/Return buttons. I think over time these are buttons are raised ever-so-slightly and it allows the light to shine through.
It seems like the engineers at Blackberry didn't get the right materials for these issues.
GPS with Google Maps
I'm amazed at the battery life with all the programs running. Still 1/2 battery life end of day.
Google Maps also displays traffic and bus schedules.
Played with Latitude on Google Maps as well. I could see where my wife was going and she can see my location in real time as well. Now I know where she spends all her time, in the shopping mall!!!
It's a keeper
Why? Today, I'm running the GPS, playing music on my bluetooth headset, checking e-mail & texting (while i'm driving) and received a call or two, and surfing the web!
The ability to handle multiple apps simultaneously is the key. And yes, the battery is still half-full from today's usage.
My old Curve 8320 would had choked on the music and another app.
Good job Blackberry. This phone is amazing and keeps up with me :-)
AD more discussions below...
Three BIg Problems so far
2) The leather battery door is so hard to remove. I almost feel like breaking the glass screen trying to remove the battery door.
3) Can't yet get use to the keyboard. The odd shaped keyboard is harder to type than my old Curve 8320.
Still deciding whether to keep this one.
I came, I saw, I bought
- All of the units made in Mexico.
- The volume on earpiece is same as original Blackberry 8320. The speakerphone is not as loud.
Will test out everything to see if it works properly.
So far, the memory was 110 MB free. The OS speed is faster than Curve 8320. The battery door cover doesn't rattle like the 8900 Curve. Solid build.
HSDPA 3.6 only?
Bold 9700 on sale now T-mobile web site.
I'm going to test out the earpiece volume and speaker volume Monday and report back.
I honestly think that BB would do so much better if they built in the memory like the i-phone does! Then they could compete even more!!!!
Well theres my two cents(sense)!
Is the earpiece and speakerphone loud?
Is the new Blackberry Bold 9700 loud on the earpiece and speakerphone as my Blackberry Curve 8320?
FYI: I don't think the Curve 8900 or Bold 9000 are loud enough. That's why I never upgraded. My Curve 8320 speakerphone does distort when the volume is at max. The Moto Cliq is plenty loud, but I will wait to hear the Bold 9700 first.