Samsung Galaxy Note (global)
Samsung today named the smartphones and tablets that it plans to update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. In an email sent to The Verge, Samsung spokesperson Kiyung Nam said the Galaxy S II, Note, S Advance, S II LTE, Chat, Ace 2, Beam, Ace Plus, Mini 2, and S Duos smartphones will receive Jelly Bean. In addition to these phones, four tablets will also receive Jelly Bean, which are the Tab 2 7.0, Tab 7.0 Plus, Tab 2 10.1, and Note 10.1 The Jelly Bean updates are scheduled to being via Kies later this year.
AT&T today announced six new LTE phones, some with record-breaking high-resolution cameras.
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ion, an Android phone with a 12-megapixel camera with Sony Exmor R sensor and 4.7-inch full HD display. A front camera also supports 720p capture. It also sports HDMI-out and is PlayStation Certified.
- HTC Titan II, with a 16-megapixel camera and a 4.7-inch Super-LCD display. Powered by a Qualcomm 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S2 processor.
- Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD, with a full HD display measuring 4.65 inches, powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor.
- Samsung Galaxy Note, with a huge 5.3-inch display that borders on tablet size. A stylus is included, but not required. 1.5 GHz dual-core processor.
- Samsung Exhilarate, an affordable LTE smartphone with a 4-inch Super AMOLED display and made from 80 percent recycled post-consumer materials.
- Pantech Burst, with 4-inch Super AMOLED display and Android.