Replying to: Blackberry Pearl 8130 freezing and deleting my messages! by a Girl
What you will want to do first and for most is get a micro SD card if you don't already have one, and move any and all pics, music, etc on to it. Even if you already have one, make sure it hasn't been used up, and that nothing has accidently been saved to the device.
From here you will want to do some other memory cleaning things:
1. Do a battery pull once or twice a week, this will make sure any programs still running in the background get closed for sure, and that any bs memory being used up quits being used up(Even when you close a program, a small amount of memory is still being used, and it takes a battery pull to release that memory)
2. Delete msgs on a regular basis, I like to at the end of each day so that way it doesn't get overwhelming.
3. Delete unused programs etc, you can do this by going to your options, the advanced options, then applications, highlight the program and hit the menu key, then select delete. Be careful, though, and don't delete anything other than msg services, brickbreaker, etc from this list. Most of the things in that list are needed for the phone to function, but if you use common sense, you should be good. FYI, plazmic is a graphics program that is needed for proper function.
4. Go to your media, hit the menu button, select options, change "Device Memory Limit" to the lowest amount it allows, either 5 or 12mb depending on your OS version. Then go to the "Reserved Pictures Memory" and set this to 0mb.
5. Follow this link if this doesn't make sense to you, it does a good job!
http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-increase-blackbe ... »
It has some really intense memory freeing procedures, but starts with the simple and works it's way up from there. The downloadable program that will delete certain programs for you that aren't in the list works really well! Here is it's direct link, and if you do use it, be sure to delete it when you finish deleting your stuff. It's called MaxMem by the way!
- Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130 freezing and deleting my messages! by a Girl
- Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130 freezing and deleting my messages! by IrishCarBomb