http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=76&act=sd » Â»
Why update the ROM on your device?
The software upgrade posted below provides several key enhancements for your Touch:
1. Upgrades the operating system from Windows MobileÂ® 6.0 Professional to Windows MobileÂ® 6.1 Professional
2. EV-DO Rev. A functionality for faster download and upload speeds when utilizing data services wherever EV-DO Rev. A coverage is available
3. Advanced GPS functionality including the Sprint Navigation application
4. Adds the Opera browser
5. Adds a full Qwerty on-screen key Qwerty keyboard
Please bookmark this page for easy reference for any future software upgrades.
Posted July 21, 2008
Download Touch by HTC WM6.1 RevA LBS Update â€“ Version 3.03.651.4
Please read the following important notes before starting the upgrade:
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version and your device is operating normally, there is no need to reload the software. To determine what version is running on your device, refer to the image on the left (the newest version is pictured) and note the ROM version and Radio version. Next, go to Start > Settings > System Tab > Device Information on your device. If your ROM and Radio versions are different than what is pictured at left or the ROM Date is older, you should upgrade.
Before you run the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU), make sure you check and do the following first:
1. If you are having challenges connecting with ActiveSync, please try the following on your device: Start > Settings > Connection Tab > USB to PC and de-select Enable advanced network functionality.
2. The standby and hibernation modes are disabled on the computer. Click here to view instructions on how to do this. If using a laptop, make sure your laptop is plugged into a power source.
3. All running applications on the computer have been closed.
4. Ensure that your device has a battery level of at least 50% (Start > Settings > System Tab > Power > Battery Tab). If the battery "dies" during the upgrade process, there is a chance that it will not recover and will need to be sent for repairs.
5. The update can take up to 25 minutes so set aside time when you will not be interrupted.
6. All data will be deleted from the device during the upgrade (music, pictures, 3rd party applications, etc); be sure to back up all of your data using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista) prior to upgrading. Click here to view detailed instructions on backing up your data using ActiveSync.
7. Do not interrupt the upgrade process or press any buttons until the process has been completed (the device will reset itself when the update is done).
General Procedure on Installing the ROM Update
1. Back up your personal data from the Mobile Device to your computer using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista) if you want to ensure you don't lose any of your data. Click here to view detailed instructions on backing up your data using ActiveSync.
2. On your computer, run the ROM Update Utility (RUU) to install the ROM update to your Mobile Device. Click here to view detailed instructions on installing the ROM update.
3. Restore your personal data back to your Mobile Device using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista). (Optional) Click here to view detailed instructions on restoring your data using ActiveSync.
WARNING: During the upgrade process, do not attempt to make/receive calls, press any buttons on your device or disconnect the device from the USB cable as this will stop the update and your device will be rendered inoperable!!!
Having trouble Installing your ROM update? View the Troubleshooting Guide to find out how to recover from errors and get common installation questions answered.
WARNING: Users should not attempt to load an older version of Touch ROM software after loading version 3.03.651.4. Please delete any earlier versions of the Touch ROM software you may have downloaded previously to your PC.
If you misplaced the CD that came with your device, use the links below to download any software you need to synchronize your device with your computer.
ActiveSync (for Windows XP users)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/acti » Â» vesync45.mspx
Mobile Device Center (for Windows Vista Users)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.ms » Â» px
Microsoft Outlook Trial Version (for Windows XP and Vista users)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/outlooktrial.ms » Â» px
- Re: Navi/RevA/WM 6.1 HTC Touch ROM link inside by Ducati427