http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=9&fi=831819

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

Back to message list

Top message:  how's harper? by renardlee   Oct 8, 2006, 4:21 PM

Replying to:  Re: how's harper? by renardlee   Oct 15, 2006, 12:50 AM

Re: how's harper?

by ZombieJ    Oct 15, 2006, 11:16 AM

The problem with the NDP is candidate selection. I did vote NDP but only because the candidate in my riding is solid and is honestly the best man for the job. This is not the case in many of the other ridings, especially the rural ones. As a party they are far too concerned with getting the right 'type' (mix of men women and minorities) of candidates out there as opposed to the best ones and until they stop pandering in this way they will not be able to make the next big leap.

Secondly Jack Layton (NDP Leader) mishandled the election completely. He missed every opportunity to stick it to both Harper and Paul Martin and kept repeating that "Canadians have a third choice". We all know this. What he needed to do was win votes and this isn't done by begging it's done by pointing out that you and your party are the best for the job. He didn't do this, and considering some suspect candidates I'm not sure it's true anyway.

Next Election will be a Liberal Minority with the NDP holding the balance of power. If they play their cards right over the next 10 years they may make waves in the 2010's. Anything more is a pipe dream on our part.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.