Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 5 replies

how's harper?

renardlee

Oct 8, 2006, 4:21 PM
how's harper performing in canada, is he just like bush or better, what is he doing now or attempting to do as far as new policies
ZombieJ

Oct 9, 2006, 4:34 AM
Harper is a complete waste. There s no way the conservatives get elected again. He is far to right leaning for this country and we are all growing tired of it. The old Liberal party had to be taught a lesson though, so electing the conservatives was necessary.

I have nothing against aligning certain aspects of our foreign policies with the USA, and even meeting you half way on some domestic ones, like border/airline security and the Afghanistan mission. But things like giving addresses to the nation with soldiers behind him (something never done by a Prime Minister before, only by presidents). His hiding from the media and insisting that all him MP'senter the back door of Parliament (how fuc*king sneaky and under handed is tha...
(continues)
renardlee

Oct 15, 2006, 12:50 AM
lol, i agree and the Republican Party in the US are loosing ground here, and they certainly are gonna lose in the congressional elections in november, and then the DEMOCRATS!(center-left) will win control of congress, and finally the us will get back on its feet, the republicans screwed my country and its not fun living in a far-right, imperialist country.

and i dont think the canadians should have to vote for the conservatives when the liberals did bad, there is a 3rd party which is really good and its the NDP, and i read about that party, it would be a pipe dream if a party like that would ever exist in the us.

i heard harper is trying to put term limits on mp's or something, he's really trying to implement u.s. policies in canada an...
(continues)
ZombieJ

Oct 15, 2006, 11:16 AM
The problem with the NDP is candidate selection. I did vote NDP but only because the candidate in my riding is solid and is honestly the best man for the job. This is not the case in many of the other ridings, especially the rural ones. As a party they are far too concerned with getting the right 'type' (mix of men women and minorities) of candidates out there as opposed to the best ones and until they stop pandering in this way they will not be able to make the next big leap.

Secondly Jack Layton (NDP Leader) mishandled the election completely. He missed every opportunity to stick it to both Harper and Paul Martin and kept repeating that "Canadians have a third choice". We all know this. What he needed to do was win votes and th...
(continues)
renardlee

Oct 24, 2006, 11:43 PM
what province do you live in, im guessing ontario or saskatchewan, i think they are NDP strongholds
ZombieJ

Oct 25, 2006, 5:43 AM
Nova Scotia. Ontario isn't as big on NDP as they used to be, Bob Ray won a provincial election for the NDP back in the early 90's and completely screwed them over by hastily bringing in public auto insurance (ie government run) and it blew up in his face and most Ontarians haven't forgiven the party... yet.

They don't really have any strong holds anymore in terms of provinces. These days NDP tends to do well in major centers and suffers in the rural areas.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.