insulin
instant replay
light bulbs
Plexiglas
pace makers
paint rollers
telephones

just to name a few...

good luck living your life without many of these Beautiful Canadian inventions!
cricKet RSR

Sep 7, 2006, 6:08 PM
telephone???? i thought that was alexander grahm bell, alond with the light bulb
newfette

Sep 7, 2006, 7:16 PM
Telephone

Canada's most famous inventor started to experiment with sound when he was just a teenager. After years of tinkering he figured out how to send sound-waves through wire, and the first - now famous - spoken words: "Mr. Watson, come here, I need you." were transmitted on March 10, 1876

on a side note not mentioned above... In 1870, at the age of 23, Alexander Graham Bell emigrated with his family to Canada where they settled at Brantford. Before he left Scotland, Bell had turned his attention to telephony, and in Canada he continued an interest in communication machines.

Light Bulb

In 1874, Henry Woodward and Matthew Evans patented the first electric light bulb, after having tested it successfully in Toronto. Then they ...
(continues)
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 7, 2006, 7:31 PM
Canada is ruled by the ghost of Joseph Stalin.
newfette

Sep 7, 2006, 7:32 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

jealous much??
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 7, 2006, 7:34 PM
Yes, no one has ever more effectively carried out mass genocide so covertly. He might come in handy one day.
renardlee

Sep 24, 2006, 12:59 AM
america is ruled by narrow-minded christian facists who want to obliterate all their enemies
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 10:34 AM
Think what you want, but if you're going to use the term fascist you could at least use it where it makes sense. You obviously don't understand the definition.
raycarroll70

Sep 24, 2006, 10:50 AM
Long live our Friends from the Great North. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have the Mackenzie Brothers or Molson beer. How's it going eh?
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 11:14 AM
I enjoyed my brief vacation in Canada. It just irks me when someone uses a word they obviously don't understand and tries to sound intelligent with us.

If the Christians ever took full control of this country (which they won't) they would set up a theocracy, not fascism.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 11:14 AM
LordOfPhoneScoop said:
I enjoyed my brief vacation in Canada. It just irks me when someone uses a word they obviously don't understand and tries to sound intelligent with "it".

If the Christians ever took full control of this country (which they won't) they would set up a theocracy, not fascism.

Fixed it.
raycarroll70

Sep 24, 2006, 11:25 AM
Allelujah! The Junior Moderator has returned! LOL! Good to see you back posting. Wondered where you've been. Regulators...mount up!
ZombieJ

Sep 24, 2006, 11:27 AM
Any kind of authoritarian government can be referred to as fascism.

It would only be considered a theocracy is the leaders of the government were also considered the leaders of the Religion.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 11:55 AM
Which was my point. I could see that before I could see Jerry Fallwell being the supreme leader of the United States and the Teletubby Brigade.
ZombieJ

Sep 24, 2006, 12:08 PM
Wasn't your point that it would be a theocracy and not a fascist state?

I would say America is closer to a fascist state than a theocracy. Since Bush is not considered a high priest or pope or whatever religious types use to denote a (near) deity.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 12:19 PM
My original point was that in terms of what it would take for America to be globally recognized as a fascist country, we are not there. Every government asserts a measure of control over its citizens, and I don't believe that ours has reached a point where it could be considered fascist. However, if the government (more specifically Bush) continues to annihilate civil rights at the pace it has we will be ever closer.

My second point was that he was referring to fascist Christians, which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me because I could see a theocracy being created by them before I could ever see them appointing a single leader.

As far as Bush goes, he certainly has come the closest to attempting a consolidation of power. All I ca...
(continues)
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
LordOfPhoneScoop said:
My second point was that he was referring to fascist Christians, which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me because I could see a theocracy being created by them before I could ever see them appointing a single leader.

And more specifically a government with total control over them. With how hypocritical Christians seem to be I doubt they would a government inruding on how they really behave.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
And more specifically a government with total control over them. With how hypocritical Christians seem to be I doubt they would "want" a government inruding on how they really behave.

This is a bad day for me in terms of complete sentences.
ZombieJ

Sep 24, 2006, 12:35 PM
Well I wouldn't go that far. If leaders are elevated to a certain level then it's entirely possible for them to willfully submit to things they would not otherwise.

And even in not so extreme cases they would be willing to submit to this if they believed in some eminent, greater evil; ie: the terrorists are coming to get your family and stripe your values.

I think the American public is the MOST vulnerable to this type of governance since they seem to be easily convinced of imaginary beings and threats. The "patriotism" card has also been played and played well. Every election comes up and the R's will table some kind of bill against some imaginary threat (iraq, Iran, Sudan) D's will block it because its bunk R's will say D's dont car...
(continues)
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 12:43 PM
I entirely agree (aside, of course, from the I hate Americans comment).

I never thought I would see it happen twice. How many times can you scare these morons before they figure out it's a joke? The next time I see some a$$hole saying, "Today's terrorist alert color is chartreuse" I will kick the nearest puppy. It's a giant facade for the true goal of obtaining strict control over the population and if it doesn't improve in the next 3-4 years I will be seriously considering leaving this country.

Thank God I have a permanent disqualification from the military.
satch of the moe

Sep 24, 2006, 4:17 PM
ok gotta know how did you get a permanent dq. Well you better be nice to canada if you need to make a run for it. Since at least they have water you can drink unlike mexico. Go to mexico drink the water and you will be running more than you ever wanted. ๐Ÿคฃ
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 4:19 PM
I made comments that I obviously cannot repeat. I used the message quoted feature to "adjust" what other members were saying into sexually explicit comments.

I learned my lesson that people on here are easily offended and will report stuff as opposed to just not reading any future posts from a particular user. Oh well.
satch of the moe

Sep 24, 2006, 4:29 PM
good point sorry forgot to many really sensitive people on here. Who did you make the comments to then? Where you in any part of the military at that time.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 4:39 PM
I've never been in the military (nor would I ever, plus I have a permanent disqualification).

I made the comments towards ray carrol, and then branched out into the other forums and started accosting random members. Ray and I are cool now.
satch of the moe

Sep 24, 2006, 4:48 PM
sorry what I meant was how did you get your perm disqualification from the military?
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 4:56 PM
No, the majority of my pulminary artery is missing so it drastically reduces my stamina. Therefore, I would have to be the last man on earth before I would be drafted.
ZombieJ

Sep 24, 2006, 4:56 PM
He's gay.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 4:57 PM
Thanks.

๐Ÿคฃ
satch of the moe

Sep 24, 2006, 5:01 PM
ahhhhhh. hmmmmmm. ๐Ÿคจ well canada would really love you up their then. You could become a mounty. ๐Ÿคฃ
ZombieJ

Sep 24, 2006, 5:06 PM
Yes... because all we have up here is gay mounties.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 5:14 PM
I was 6 when I visited Canada and actually had quite a good time with one of the female Mounted Police officers.

I can't remember why but we were always going to this one building where she always patrolled. On the last day of the trip she gave me one of their hats. For a six year old that was the coolest part of the trip.
ZombieJ

Sep 24, 2006, 5:17 PM
And quite illegal. Giving out RC issued clothing without the emblems ripped off will get her a pretty stern slap on the wrist if anyone found out.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 24, 2006, 5:18 PM
It was a purchased look alike hat that she bought for me.
ZombieJ

Sep 24, 2006, 5:20 PM
ahhh.
MeatballzNGravy

Sep 7, 2006, 6:24 PM
newfette said:
then how did we invent

walkie talkie radio's
Sgt_Joker

Sep 7, 2006, 7:04 PM
America invented the Internet
granteezie

Sep 9, 2006, 11:20 AM
i thought that was al gore?
deeterman

Sep 8, 2006, 10:49 AM
you condoms that are rated for use on moose
deeterman

Sep 8, 2006, 10:51 AM
forgot

oops
newfette

Sep 8, 2006, 11:04 AM
your just a childish immature little boy deeter. you really do need to grow up.
deeterman

Sep 8, 2006, 11:08 AM
you moose humper
newfette

Sep 8, 2006, 11:14 AM
that's really not funny and name calling is kinda childish...
shleeban

Sep 8, 2006, 6:37 PM
you said goalie mask twice....
bassplayer

Sep 8, 2006, 9:25 PM
hockey is important enough to mention twice in canada.
bassplayer

Sep 8, 2006, 9:37 PM
newfette said:
then how did we invent

walkie talkie radio's
zippers
wonder bra
goalie mask
pablum
blackberry
caulking gun
5 pin bowling
goalie mask
fog horn
instant mashed potatoes
insulin
instant replay
light bulbs
Plexiglas
pace makers
paint rollers
telephones

just to name a few...

good luck living your life without many of these Beautiful Canadian inventions!

Walkie Talkie radios: Voo doo I say. That there is black magic!!!

Zippers: life was much better with velcro, thanks for ruining everything Canada!!!

Wonder Bra: another challege for man to conquere before we get to the prize. Again, thanks for NOTHING!!!!

Goalie Mask: thats for hockey.

Pablum: I DON'T EVE...
(continues)
ZombieJ

Sep 9, 2006, 9:29 AM
Pablum is baby food. You probably ate it.

I'm sure she meant "blackberry" as in the pda/phone.

There is something horribly wrong with your culture and you as a person if you find nothing offensive about a darky from Iraq in 129 pieces scattered on the desert floor, but cringe with horror at the sight of a breast.
bassplayer

Sep 9, 2006, 11:55 AM

๐Ÿ˜•

I'm sure if you read my post you would have understood that the whole thing was just a joke... I sell cell phones... hopefully I know what a blackberry is.

as for the iraq quote, what are you even talking about?
deeterman

Sep 9, 2006, 2:22 PM
he is talking about some sand ****** getting blown to bits all the while I am laughing at the event like its supposed to have some bearing on my life yet does not ๐Ÿ˜Ž
ZombieJ

Sep 9, 2006, 3:26 PM
You can laugh at the event if you like. So long as you also laugh of Jacksons wrinkled bag of silicon.
deeterman

Sep 9, 2006, 3:34 PM
will do
satch of the moe

Sep 10, 2006, 11:15 AM
Well canada may not blow but do you ๐Ÿคฃ Sorry I could not help that one.
newfette

Sep 11, 2006, 7:50 AM
satch of the moe said:
Well canada may not blow but do you blockquote>

too bad YOU will never find out

๐Ÿ˜‰
satch of the moe

Sep 11, 2006, 8:31 AM
๐Ÿคฃ sorry I could not help myself. I will give canada a couple of things. I like hockey. I also miss the molsen blue commercials with the bear.
newfette

Sep 11, 2006, 8:54 AM
sweety it's ok. I"m actually suprised it took people that long to say something.. ๐Ÿคฃ
satch of the moe

Sep 11, 2006, 9:35 AM
yep thats me miss some things but i usually catch the kinky stuff. Hey so who do you think will have a good chance for the cup this year.
newfette

Sep 11, 2006, 11:01 AM
go philly go! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜
satch of the moe

Sep 11, 2006, 12:07 PM
gotta say i am surprised you are not a fan of a canadian team. I am from pittsburgh area. i think that says it all. But with crosby and now malkin and john staal. And a good coach and a good goalie. If the def picks up I think we could have an ok year. I jsut ask for .500 not asking for much. Oh yeah almost forgot down with the rangers and jagr i hate that douche bad. ๐Ÿ˜
newfette

Sep 11, 2006, 12:55 PM
the way i look at it is there are more canadian's on american teams then there is on any of out canadian teams so I am supporting my country..

and just so you know.. crosbie is one of the most overrated hockey players EVER!!!
satch of the moe

Sep 11, 2006, 3:20 PM
1st comment good point. 2nd. grrrrrr. actually they said crosby was like mario lemieux. Which if compared 1st season crosby did score more points. Now if you also figure both were playing on team with alot of crap that is pretty good for the kid. I would say overrate because he put towards gretzky and i would not say that at least not yet. Give him some time to prove himself.
newfette

Sep 12, 2006, 8:56 AM
but in all seriousness...

put crosbie on a real team and see how his numbers are then.

a professional baseball player would have stellar numbers too if he was playing with a little league team.. ๐Ÿ˜‰
satch of the moe

Sep 12, 2006, 9:05 AM
not really. That would only work if the people they played were minor league teams also. With him playing on a crappy team against better team make it all that harder for him to get points. PLus most of his points were form assists not him scoring himself. Also back whem lemiuex start the pens were not the best team. Also look at ovechin. good player bad team. harder to get points when you play on bad team against opponents that are better than you.
newfette

Sep 12, 2006, 9:29 AM
yeah well..

๐Ÿ˜›

I just dont like him!
satch of the moe

Sep 12, 2006, 10:59 AM
๐Ÿคฃ . fair enough. Actually i hate the flyers so we are even i guess.
newfette

Sep 12, 2006, 11:57 AM
๐Ÿ˜ณ

how can you hate the flyers?
satch of the moe

Sep 12, 2006, 12:35 PM
very easy. I am on the west side of pa they are on the easy side. I hate philly teams they hate pittsburgh teams. Funny thing is every sport team except for hockey are not in the same conference. oh well call it fun competition.
newfette

Sep 12, 2006, 12:49 PM
philly will win every time!
cellphoneguy

Sep 12, 2006, 1:30 PM
i hate both pa football teams but thats because im from baltimore but i now live in pa but why is it pa is the only state i have ever been to were there are bars that have nothing but another states football teams logo all over the bar! ๐Ÿ˜• just fyi its the ravens in pa bars but you could never go to baltimore and see steelers $hit anywere ๐Ÿ™‚
newfette

Sep 12, 2006, 1:50 PM
ummm..

screw off..

we are not talking about football.. we are talking about hockey..
cellphoneguy

Sep 12, 2006, 3:05 PM
hockey lol sorry that means nothing around here
satch of the moe

Sep 12, 2006, 2:40 PM
bs i have heard of steelers bars in the baltimore area. same as around cleveland and cincy. oh yeah raven blow. ๐Ÿ™‚
cellphoneguy

Sep 12, 2006, 3:06 PM
have you been there ? ok then
satch of the moe

Sep 12, 2006, 3:14 PM
cincy and cleveland yes in baltimore my friend was.
cellphoneguy

Sep 12, 2006, 3:15 PM
well "ur friend" is wrong we keep pride in the ravens and thats that!
option32

Sep 21, 2006, 11:21 AM
Screw the Steelers. They are going to be horrible this year. the Jaguars tore them up, their getting into the superbowl was a total fluke, the colts should have been there. And seattle out played the steelers the whole game, and the PI call and ben's touchdown was a bunch of BS. not to mention, they got shut out on their first loss since december.

GO HAWKS!
satch of the moe

Sep 12, 2006, 2:38 PM
probably another reason i hate them
satch of the moe

Sep 12, 2006, 2:55 PM
hey the isles said resigned rick deptreio to a 15 yr agreement worth 67.5 mil. wtf ๐Ÿ˜ณ this is a dangerous sport how could they give one man that long of a contract.
Sgtdeimos

Oct 9, 2006, 4:48 PM
I have to ask since im to damn lazy right now to look. What the hell is pablum?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.