Phone Scoop

printed September 2, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=9&fi=698789

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

Back to message list

Top message:  legalize marijuania YES or NO? by weaselbitmypancake   Aug 7, 2005, 7:13 PM

Replying to:  Re: legalize marijuania YES or NO? by icuhaha   Jul 3, 2006, 8:38 PM

Re: legalize marijuania YES or NO?

by ZombieJ    Jul 12, 2006, 12:14 AM

I'm going to be nice in my response (which is somewhat out of character) and alejandro, as usual, has taken the words right out of my mouth. Quick synopsis would be to say that some people use mind altering substances illicit or otherwise to escape for problems that are no way associated with their drug of choice. The drug is used as an escape, not a cure nor a recreation. If these problems did not exist or the person had the proper support to deal with the underlying issues drug use would not have become a factor. Then there is also the issue of will power. Remember addiction is NOT a disease, it is a choice. Behavior is and will always be a CHOICE. If what you say happened actually happened it is a tragedy, but don't lie to yourself and say pot killed your husband, it couldn't have helped, but it wasn't the cause of his death. It's easier to blame the drug, much easier than saying hey "bill had crippling person problems and it eats me up that it was too late for me to help him or for him to want help", or maybe that Bill had issues with addictions. Because you'll never really know how much of any of that is true since he's not hear to answer. But the tangible drug, that evil substance that was so clearly affecting everyones life is easy to grab onto and blame. It didn't cause him to die, it enabled him to hide from, or cloud. The drug offers a tangible explanation to a persons spiral, it effects those close to him personally and monetarily. It's also the only explanation that can be fully understood when it's too late since unfortunately it's too late to address the real problems. That aside;

Original scripts of the bible could not have POSSIBLY said pharmecia. I don't even have to break out google or crack a book to break this down for you, it's clearly Greek. Original biblical texts were written in ancient Hebrew; a language that is still largely untranslatable. 25% of the characters found have no known translation and within it couldn't possibly have used that word.

Nice how you equated pharmaceuticals with witchcraft though. Sort of makes it all evil and stuff. You either need to put the copy of Constantine down or slap your Pastor for being an idioto. When pharmecia was used as a term for witchcraft it cannot be cross translated back into english then associated with modern medicine. Pharmecia was used to denote anyone who practiced ANYTHING thought unnatural. Which included taking of herbs to cure disease, or fixing broken bones, or dancing around a fire and chanting to a god that was unlike their own. Now Pharmacy isn't the only off-putting word in common use that has a dubious Greek translation or root word. It has been used because of it's association with witch-doctors and the early, fetus like, stages of medicine as we know it. remember witchcraft isnt an old hag on a broom who has giving her soul to Satan. It can also be someone who drilled into the skull to relieve the pressure of hemorrhaging after severe head trauma, or found a plant that eased migraine headaches because of chemical properties it has. Since in these early stages no one could explain how it worked or the person who found it liked to chant as administering it, it was seen as supernatural or "WITCHCRAFT". Of course we know today why it works and also that it doesnt take a witch doctor with magical powers to deliver it.

So in short, it says NOTHING about modern drugs and gives all of us a glimpse into your knowledge of language and scripture. This is not meant to insult, I'm sure there are many things you can do better than I. Raise children for instance... far too much stress/work for me. But given this I would think it proper that you not espouse views of pot or linguistics as fact and I'll stay far away from the nuances of child rearing and whatever it is you do in your professional life.

Cheers.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.