Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Is it true.....?

disco inferno

Mar 6, 2006, 6:47 PM
so my buddy is staying in a hotel right now (he's in the procsess of moving) but at the same time there was a whole Canadian girls track and field team in the same hotel. anyways what i'm trying to get at is to try to find out if what they were telling us was true or not. (I'm in Minnesota, US) anyways they were saying that in Canada there are no police in the suburbs and that no on e locks their door at night (I'm also assuming in the suburbs also) they also went on with a bunch of other stuff that just seemed out of the norm. Well if you could enlighten me with your knowlage that would be awesome.

Oh and by the way do most Canadians really hate Americans cuz thats also what they said and if so i wanted to apologize for being a bad ne...
(continues)
ZombieJ

Mar 6, 2006, 7:44 PM
Some people don't lock their doors, others do. I don't always, if I think of it I do. I live in downtown Halifax/Dartmouth area of Nova Scotia, and while I do see cops as I am in the heart of the cities, you rarely see them outside the city. Why would they be in the suburbs?

We don't hate American's, we're just Liberal so we disagree on varying levels with most right wing policies.
ZombieJ

Mar 6, 2006, 7:54 PM
To clarify on:
"We don't hate American's, we're just Liberal so we disagree on varying levels with most right wing policies."

That's most Canadians not all. I actually do hate Americans.
disco inferno

Mar 6, 2006, 7:55 PM
haha mmk thanks
sonyluver30

Apr 16, 2006, 11:47 PM
Well; I'm proud to be an American. But I do have some best friends that are Canadians. I'm going to visit in September. To the PERSON that said he actually does hate Americans. Well; you are just an A$$hole. We have a$$holes in America; also. You probably hate everybody. I truly feel sorry for you.
ZombieJ

Apr 19, 2006, 5:41 AM
Yes you do have a$$holes in America, 295,734,134 of them to be precise. Also you seem to have an issue with English so I'll reiterate. I don't hate everyone as you claim, I clearly said I hate Americans, nothing over and above that can be inferred from my statement. And since the tongue in cheek nature of the statement escaped you completely I'll point out that I wasn't serious, but bone head comments like yours make me seriously question that position.
alejandro

Apr 19, 2006, 8:39 AM
there are a lot more assholes here than that. i would double that number, at least.
mallinfobooth

Apr 19, 2006, 8:52 PM
Ohhhhh, I'm sad now. I love Canada, but pretty much hate anything other than Wisconsin in Canada.
You canadians confinscated our corn bread when checking our car. I hope it tasted good.
I still love Canadians they know how to mind their own business and have some great benefits to living there.
I'm sorry you hate us. We are a**holes.
sonyluver30

Apr 20, 2006, 5:27 AM
Hey; I could care less if you hate me or not. 🤣 But I can't read your mind. How was I to know if you were or weren't serious??? Like I said; I have some very good Canadian friends; but they DON'T make statements like that. Not even in a joking manner. So there were NO bone-head comments coming from here. 🤣
disco inferno

Mar 6, 2006, 7:54 PM
oh i see... well if you heard the convorsation going on right outside my kiosk you would have cops in the suburbs too, theres some sick stuff that goes on in my little suburb here just last month a couple of kids killed their parents in hopes of getting the life insurance money...WTF? they are morons. that wsn't even the bad one that happend too.

hmmm. makes me wonder what my family would do if they found out i had a $400,000 life insurance policy 🙄
IDK just some curiosity
newfette

Mar 7, 2006, 10:12 AM
I live in a twon where you can leave your car running in the parking lot of the mall and it would stil be there when you got back...

I also left my cell phone and my bank card sitting out on a bench in the mall and it was still there when i went back to get it think morning..

now that's not to say that there's not bad people here... there most certainally are.. it's just everyone looks out for one another
ConvergysSlave

Mar 12, 2006, 9:40 PM
I'm in Canada. I dont lock my door at night. Sometimes dont lock the car door either.
SingularRep

Mar 15, 2006, 1:18 PM
I too live in Canada. I lock my doors every night. I lock my car door every time I get out AND get in. I'm sure there are places in the States where one can leave doors unlocked, just as I am sure there are places in Canda. As time passes by, it's just not a smart thing to do any more. Despite living in the "burbs", I've learned it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Not only that, but where I am, Edmonton, we've been known to have th highest crime rate in the world per capita (truly!!!) - Wouldn't you lock your doors?
aemsafd

Mar 15, 2006, 2:17 PM
I live in a small town. I usually lock my door, but occassionally I'll forget.

As for my car, it's always unlocked. Unless I'm in a bad area, I don't lock it. I keep my iPod right on the front seat, and have a whole bunch of valuable stuff inside. Never had an issue, at home or at work. I've even left the windows unrolled all night long. Stupid, its happened.
longsleeves

Mar 15, 2006, 2:49 PM
When I lived at my parents house I wouldn't lock my car either it was rural and we knew all the neighbors now however I live in the city and people are just not nice.
alejandro

Mar 15, 2006, 5:23 PM
I would lock my doors and carry automatic weapons if i lived in quebec, in case those f*ckers tried to talk to me.
ilikecheese

Mar 16, 2006, 10:16 PM
I live in america, and I usually always keep all doors locked, if I'm home and it's 10 am my front door is still locked (I live in a 3rd story appartment and there's no way to my back door from the ground so I don't have to worry about that) and my car doors automatically lock if I start the car

and all doors are locked if I'm not there
captainplooky

Mar 16, 2006, 11:48 PM
I would say no and I think the Integrated Municipal Provincial Auto Crime Team would agree with me. Auto theft is quite the lucrative trade in Canada.

www.baitcar.com

I think it boils down to luck. Any of us could leave our doors unlocked and be safe on a given day - however over the long-term that may not prove to be a safe choice.
SprintBGN

Mar 17, 2006, 10:56 AM
the one time i left my car unlocked, they jacked up my system....that's why i moved out of miami
ScottRTL

Apr 4, 2006, 5:10 AM
I think what they were saying may have been taken too literal. We DO have police, however they spend their time on people speeding and junkies most of the time(junkies only in big cities). but we do have crime.

in my opinion the option to lock you door is to ensure someone doesnt come in and take your stuff when you are not home...not to prevent someone from coming in and jacking your stuff/killing you...As Canadians we dont worry about that. it is not bashed into our head through propaganda since birth.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.