Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

Question about Rogers prepaid abound.

bluesnot

Jul 9, 2005, 6:25 PM
I really want the Nokia 6620 and am willing to pay full price to have it on prepaid service, but the website doesn't list it as a "prepaid phone". Can I just go to the store and buy it then activate it on prepaid?

Also, I see that you can expand the memory up to 1GB. So does that mean I can use it as an mp3 player too? And if so, does anyone have experience with this? Is the sound quality good? Do you need a special headset to use it?

If anyone can answer any of this, Thanks a bunch.
bluesnot

Jul 10, 2005, 2:52 AM
Actually, I got my answer from my rogers sales friend.
After answering my question he desperately tried to convince me to get a contract.
"Up yours" I said to him.
BrandyChan

Jul 10, 2005, 9:57 PM
That's a good question cuz I want the Motorola v635 to use it on my Rogers Pay As You Go, but it's not listed as a "Pay As You Go" phone. Will it still work on Pay As You Go?
bluesnot

Jul 13, 2005, 12:51 PM
I spoke with my creepy overweight Rogers Salesperson friend and he said you can use any phone on prepaid. You'll just be paying retail price.
Funny Story in a Box:He then felt the need, through MSN, to berate my choice in phone, stating that "a phone like that on prepaid is overkill". Now if I were to sign up for a contract I could get that phone for super cheap, and get a plan at a good price. He told me all about his phone bill and the charge it came up to every month, and what he got, and that I should totally sign up.
I told him I use about 20 mins a month and mainly want that phone because it can be used as an mp3 player.
He sent me a link for an mp3 player and told me that was cheaper.
I asked him if he gets a co
(continues)
ShadowScorpion

Oct 4, 2005, 7:52 PM
Back when I used Rogers prepaid, I was using a Nok 3595, which was not a prepaid phone. As long as you have your SIM with your prepaid account activated, you can cram it in any phone you like.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.