Phone Scoop

printed August 29, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=9&fi=371871

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

Back to message list

Top message:  legalize marijuania YES or NO? by weaselbitmypancake   Aug 7, 2005, 7:13 PM

Replying to:  Re: go smoke a bowl by Amy55   Aug 27, 2005, 3:37 AM

Re: go smoke a bowl

by ZombieJ    Aug 27, 2005, 6:02 AM

The topic isn't stupid your post is. Sorry.

You see everyone would NOT be driving around stoned. At least no more than are now. Remember, just because you legalize something does not mean everyone is going to use it. And even then it definitely doesn't mean everyone is going to throw common sense out the window. That argument makes no sense. I know many people who smoke pot and a good many of them will not get behind the wheel while stoned. Some have and do, but the majority do not feel comfortable driving while stoned.

The only part of your statement that holds water is saying that we can't test for it. Well we don't have anything you can breath into and we can get some kind of THC level. But also keep in mind, very little money has been invested into actually creating something that could. Secondly, I have family immediate and other wise who currently do or have worked in the RCMP. And believe me, they can spot me or pretty much anyone a mile away when stoned, any cop can. They can pull you over and ticket you with any number of things to teach you a lesson. "Careless and imprudent" is one we have here in Canada, it's only a fine, but comes with a 24 hour suspension, so no more driving for you that night. Just because the mechanisms are not in place RIGHT NOW to deal with a society with cannabis being legal doesn't mean they cannot be.

Remember, while this is about freedom of choice on one hand. It's also about not sending young adults to jail for extended periods of time for simple possession. Possession of a drug that proves time and time again to be less harmful than other legal drugs like alcohol and nicotine. If you bothered to read my previous posts I'll reiterate: A bench mark has been set by alcohol and cigarette's of what our society will accept as a personal choice from a consenting adult as far as a recreational drug goes. Weed falls well within these defacto acceptable limits and as a result should be at the very least decriminalized. Remember it only became illegal in the 20's when bigoted reactionaries like Henery J. Anslinger made these laws.

Report to moderator

Replies

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.