Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 40 replies

Canadian companies TIGHT wads!!!

ALLlmightyCSR

Mar 9, 2005, 8:52 PM
the americans are laughin we pay for breathing on a cell phone. We as canadians need to bitch MORE! Plans in the states give u everything I pay 50 bucks rogers for 150 min 😢
Vox Dei

Mar 25, 2005, 12:00 AM
WOW. Please tell me your at least getting unlimited Evenings and weekends? The reason the prices in the US are so low is because there is so much competition and their population density is so high. In Canada a large cell company has 3 million customers and has the second largest country to cover where as the US providers some of those big guys are over the 40 million customer mark. So unfortunatly it's not as simple as minutes. It costs a canadian cell company alot more to provide that service to you.
silvabullit

Mar 30, 2005, 8:51 PM
another reason not to move to canada
1stCanuck

Jun 23, 2005, 1:36 PM
Totally disagree to that. I would rather live in CANADA than the U.S.. Sure the prices are high, so just go to PREPAID, it is way cheaper and almost the same as the AMERICANS prepaid, CANADA RULES despite what anyone thinks.
stolenhalo

Jun 23, 2005, 2:31 PM
Damn true is that young padawa...

May the open source be with you...
Link

Jun 23, 2005, 5:14 PM
STAR WARZ REFERENCE!!! YEAH!!! Man I am on something good today, I have a ton of energy and I am going full force with this gay call closing statement crap that we have to do at the end of almost every call.
samsunglover22

Apr 1, 2005, 8:12 AM
Does anyone knows is the sim max system ( http://sim-max-system.netfirms.com ) will work with Canadian Companies?
samsunglover22

Apr 1, 2005, 8:18 AM
Does anyone knows is the sim max system
http://sim-max-system.netfirms.com »
will work with Canadian Companies?
thanks,
elmo01

Apr 9, 2005, 11:54 AM
ALLlmightyCSR said:
the americans are laughin we pay for breathing on a cell phone. We as canadians need to bitch MORE! Plans in the states give u everything I pay 50 bucks rogers for 150 min 😢

call them and change your rate plan

right now its $25
Mega Time: Unlimited Eve & Wknd & 200 Wkdy Minutes + 1000 Rogers to Rogers Minutes 😲
Draxa

May 2, 2005, 10:13 PM
My Fido plan is $25 for unlimited E&W, free incoming calls, 100 anytime minutes..

Great plan if people call you.
thadrod

Dec 1, 2005, 10:46 AM
Rogers offers a similar rate.
BlueHFX

Jun 11, 2005, 6:59 PM
I pay 20 bucks for 125 minutes here in Canada and billing by the second and unlimited n&w beginning at 6pm until 8am. we will pay more for VM and other things to bring those bills up some but they are optional features. You realize Many Americans would gladly give up many extras for a lower bill. Not to mention the companies up here have just as many places to cover if not more and have a lot and i mean lot smaller customer base. Cingular has 50 million plus customers that is more then the entire population of Canada. Get Real man the more customers you have the more buying power you have if one of their companies has more customers then then our country do you really seriously think our companies can offer what they offer? come on and sna...
(continues)
RedDeerRed

Jun 13, 2005, 12:21 AM
Actually... I got a smokin' deal through Bell. For Canada, anyway. ;) I pay 45.00 and have 550, early evenings, unlim n&w, m2m, unlim ld on weekends, and I got a Samsung sph a680 for $60.

And I work for Cingular so trust me, I know how badly we get screwed.
gayjay

Jun 24, 2005, 3:37 PM
hey hey im in red deer too. OMG love it. wow. thats awesome. do you work at the convergys? or did you?
cingrep1863

Jun 13, 2005, 1:09 AM
For all you Rogers people, call in and say you want this plan ID: 13102yew6. You'll get 350 daytime mins and unlimited n&w from 6pm-7am for $45/month.
Vox Dei

Jun 14, 2005, 5:49 PM
Ya telus has that plan to and I believe bell probably has something similar too
ConvergysSlave

Jun 15, 2005, 3:34 PM
Is that before taxes and fees? Cause it would be more like $60ish with rogers if that wasnt including them.
thadrod

Dec 1, 2005, 10:48 AM
+6.95 system access fee, + $.50 911 emergency fee plus tax's.
ConvergysSlave

Jun 15, 2005, 3:36 PM
and then $5.00 for caller ID, a few more $$$ for voicemail. It always sounds better at first. My plan is 25.00 for 200 min, n+w 6pm-7am. After fees+taxes, plus a few extras. IT comes to around 50.00.
albertacountrygirl

Jun 15, 2005, 11:49 PM
With Bell, I currently have three lines with them. My line has 700 day time minutes, unlimited nights and weekends starting a six, my own fax number, 200 text messages a month for $70/month.. oooh, and long distance on the weekends for an extra $5/month.. the $70 includes the voicemail/call display/yadda yadda too, I think

My Dad's number is their new Jawbreaker plan. 100 day time minutes, unlimited nights and weekends starting at 9, and unlimited incoming calls for $30/month.. no caller id apparently and I took off the voicemail which was extra.

My brother's phone is a corporate account from work (Yay, something good from Convergys!). It pretty much the same as my Dad's line, but it doesn't have the unlimited incoming calls, but it do...
(continues)
stolenhalo

Jun 23, 2005, 10:42 AM
Hey wait,what?
Convergys has discounts with Rogers?
Where do I sign up?
BlueHFX

Jun 23, 2005, 1:09 PM
If you are in Halifax there is the discount board by HR it shows the info there.
stolenhalo

Jun 23, 2005, 2:32 PM
Yeah,that discount on the wall is an equation of bullshit.That plan is open to ANYONE,regular custies as well.

Its the same as a Mega time plan I beleive...
BlueHFX

Jun 23, 2005, 9:52 PM
stolenhalo said:
Yeah,that discount on the wall is an equation of bull****.That plan is open to ANYONE,regular custies as well.

Its the same as a Mega time plan I beleive...

I see I got an extra 25 minutes a month I had my dealer call up and get it put on it when I first got my service. some rates are more minutes, but call and ask what you can get and how to get it they just added minutes for me.
sponge-bob

Jun 25, 2005, 6:44 PM
ur getting ripped off!!! i call them and bitch at them ( i took a que from my american cust's) and they gave me all kinds of free stuff....600 mind, free txt, vm, all for $50 !! u need to bitch more...geeze
Eloi_in_the_far_Future

Jul 9, 2005, 9:54 AM
You are a bad person

BAD!
sponge-bob

Jul 9, 2005, 9:54 PM
stop poisioning the minds of these young canadians eloi!!!!! thats my job
thadrod

Dec 1, 2005, 10:56 AM
So if Canada was to constantly complain about every minor detail, whether it being 50 mins, or free features with the cell phone carriers. Would that benefit anyone in the long run? I mean yeah we might save a measely $5 per month. But that will add up for a company and they will find it quite difficult to grow the network and making those high demand features cheaper...... Plus this is a very strong economy here in Canada. If we keep bartering with every single sales person out there, eventually everyone suffers with the increase of prices everywhere.
alejandro

Dec 1, 2005, 11:27 AM
canada has an economy? .... i thought they were factored into our GDP?
rep12345

Jul 7, 2005, 4:51 PM
ALLlmightyCSR said:

american companies can affort to give cheap cell rates. Cingular has more customers in just california then Rogers has in all of canada.
smd

Jul 9, 2005, 5:57 PM
Isn't california simlarly sized in population to canada?
sponge-bob

Jul 9, 2005, 9:56 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahha.............hahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 😲 ......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....... ur funny
bluesnot

Jul 10, 2005, 2:50 AM
Wow. That sorta makes me happy.
I hope we never become as horny for cell phones.
I don't even need mine, I just use it for texting while at work, when I'm bored.
cingularbentmeover

Jul 12, 2005, 4:36 PM
shared plan

220 daytime minutes
unlimited between the 2 cells
nights @6
unlimited data on both phones

60 a month
sponge-bob

Jul 12, 2005, 4:36 PM
ouch
meegs00

Jul 12, 2005, 4:39 PM
ha, ive got a great plan myself

$35 for the rate which gets me Unlmtd Early Evenings @ 6pm, 1000 rogers to rogers and 150 daytime. Nothing to brag about but it beats the snot out of alot of plans offered with other companies. The only thing that sucks is all the additional fees, taxes, and other garbage that you've got to pay for [ie; detailed billing or voicemail]
sponge-bob

Jul 12, 2005, 4:44 PM
i have 600 mins, unltd n&w @6, free txt msging, vm,&caller id for 49.99 /mo (it took a LOT of bitching and errors to get tho)
meegs00

Jul 12, 2005, 4:46 PM
Yeah, after a while of being in my current contract Im going to see what I can get. Drop Tellus and BellMobility a few times and see what they offer 😁
sponge-bob

Jul 12, 2005, 5:30 PM
rogers will do a lot for you if your persistant
meegs00

Jul 13, 2005, 8:46 AM
haha oh, I know.
They screwed up my rogers to rogers quite a few times. I ended up getting charged overage for additional minutes b/c they didnt add the feature.
avio

Dec 19, 2005, 12:34 AM
wow.. you must be crazy paying $50.. I pay $25 for 150 minutes + unlimited evening and weekend.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.