Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 7 replies

U.S. calling plans (when in Canada) seem to be appearing?

geryfrie

Jul 28, 2011, 11:06 PM
As a Canadian who has been stuck in muggy and hot-as-hell Louisiana for many years, I have been shocked at my phone bill after every visit to my family in Canada.

The combination of roaming and long distance has been about a buck per minute! And I could find no carrier with a plan available in Louisiana that could reduce this cost.....until now...I think.

I have just signed up for a new Canadian plan on AT&T that should help. And I think I see a similar plan available on Verizon. But I can't be sure that it will truly help until I make another trek home.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone else solved this problem?
ATTDRONEV2.5

Jul 29, 2011, 8:45 AM
solution: Stop going to canada? 🤤
Lupe.Cordero

Aug 22, 2011, 8:47 PM
Hi, I am working in a Long Distance Company. no contracts and no minimum consumption demand, as consumption only pay for the month. Is for Canada too! if you are interested! You can call me 🙂
Jellz

Jul 30, 2011, 1:44 PM
International roaming can be a right pain, generally with Canada and Mexico it's actually not that bad, comparatively. I know with the Nation with Canada plans that AT&T has, all of your roaming and long distance to Canada is included in the rate plan, so you should be set as far as voice calls go, though data and texting in Canada can still add up fast.
geryfrie

Aug 1, 2011, 1:24 AM
A couple years ago, AT&T's response to me was that they had no Canadian plans available for my region (Baton Rouge). So I'm not sure when this option became available for me.

I have also been able to get rid of my Canadian long-distance plan for my landline, with this new mobile plan.
Jellz

Aug 1, 2011, 10:33 AM
We've had it since November 2010, when I started training for my job.
geryfrie

Aug 1, 2011, 12:53 PM
That makes sense. 2010 was a busy year for me so I just wasn't looking. But after struggling with this issue for a decade, every time I visited family in Canuckland, I now don't have to pay a buck a minute for fees!
olderthandirt

Aug 30, 2011, 11:48 PM
Skype-----------------Skype---------------Sky pe

May not work when you are traveling but if you carry a laptop and hit wifi or have a phone with wifi in works very well

Used it a lot while son was in Africa at an International School. Was the best way to go by far.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.