Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 60 replies

Plans in Canada

CDiddy

Feb 29, 2004, 12:18 PM
After working for ATTWS it just amazes me how terrible the rate plans are here in Canada! I guess if we had more competition (or higher pop. this would probably improve). Either way after seeing what some American customers get it makes me feel like I'm getting screwed.
RoamDog

Feb 29, 2004, 2:41 PM
I know what you mean.
most of the Americans complain about their rates... HA! I have to pay 5.00 for voicemail, 5.00 for caller ID. and my plan is ****!
geez. try sucking on them apples and then cry a river!
Sleeping

Feb 29, 2004, 7:39 PM
It would be an apple-flavoured river.

I know what you mean though, although I get some discounts because I picked up the finer points of escalating when Rogers royally screwed over my account while adding a line for my sister. I have the 6pm nights and weekends for free, on top of my employee plan.

But I still gotta pay the monthly access fee! 👿

Dumb Canadian economy. But at least we have better politics ;)
moobak

Mar 29, 2004, 12:44 AM
HAH! All politicians are the same. 😛
simonov

Apr 7, 2004, 12:46 PM
except for mike harris
mallinfobooth

Apr 3, 2006, 11:44 AM
Hey
Canada is the place to be!
Besides free schooling and healthcare, they keep their noses where they belong.
I'm from wisconsin and I think Wisconsin should suceed and align with Canada.
Wisconsin tried to succeed in 1860, we should do it again.
Main reasoning???
California is now the Cheese state. F*^& that!
It's all proccessed and helps to the further shutting down of our farms.
We would be a rich country and happy with our friends in Canada. We got the beer, REAL cheese, Earth Day, The Onion, Kringle, cheese curds (they ARE good if you get wisconsin cheese), fat happy people, and your occasional Jeffery Dahmer of course. Besides half of Cheap Trick.
usaf_joe

Mar 20, 2006, 1:07 PM
😳 f Canada .. your not even a real country anyways (compliments of south park)
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 1:13 PM
We successfully invaded the US. You guys can't say the same thing about us though ;). Do your history books even record that?
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 1:16 PM
Is that when it was still the country of England, before you gained independence? (And you didn't even fight for it! You were 'granted' it. We had to EARN it! Babies)
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 1:20 PM
We were never the country of england...We were a colony of Great Britan and then a Dominion of Great britan. And we still burned down the white house (well one wing anyway).
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 1:20 PM
And was that during the War of 1812?
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 1:23 PM
ya. After you guys tried to invade us and failed.
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 1:28 PM
So, your country gained independence in 1867, but you invaded us between the time frame of 1812-1814? Tell me, does your country own a time machine?

And besides, we kicked your ass in the American-Canadian war of 1999, as memorialized in the documentary 'South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.'
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 1:41 PM
Well we became upgraded from colony to Dominion of British Commonwealth in 1867. We weren't truly independant Country untill 1982 when we recieved our constitution from the queen. And it was still Canadian Colonials that invaded the US AFTER we wiped your army out at the boarder. Just because we were flying the British flag doesn't mean it wasn't canadians who invaded.
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 1:52 PM
Yeah, but it still goes into the history books with an asterisk.

Canada technically* invaded the United States of America (see below for more information).

At the bottom of the page in really fine print:
*Actually, it was the British that invaded. We just want to give the Canadians credit for winning a war, even though they didn't. Mainly, they'll cry, even though they're not as bad as the French. Interesting, many of them are French, which might explain their lack of military might.
usaf_joe

Mar 20, 2006, 1:53 PM
😲 😳 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 LMAO!!!
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 2:03 PM
No. Other way around. It was Technicly the British who invaded but it was accually canadians...we just happened to be flying the british flag at the time. And we have a very good military considering our population. If you compair them to american military then our whole army is spec forces 😛. Our problem is we only have 30 million people or so. And we don't try and admit that Quebec is part of canada...of course Quebec rairly admits that too.
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 2:22 PM
So you're proud of Canadians calling themselves British, but embarassed when Canadians call themselves French?
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 3:40 PM
I'm not proud of canadians calling themselfs british. Canadians are canadians, we just happened to be british for a most of our history. But it's tough to call someone canadian when they are continually trying to split out of the country. There are alot of laws they don't have to follow because they WANT to be different. Quebec didn't even sign the constitution when we finaly got it...
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 3:47 PM
Want us to invade them? We're good at that!

Just look at what we did to Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea.

Oh wait, ignore that last one. We haven't invaded them yet.
usaf_joe

Mar 20, 2006, 3:55 PM
why the hell would any country want canada .. french fries and gravy? ugh .. the US should just to do it .. the United States of the American Canadia
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 3:57 PM
Remember from history, how we'd have to have one Northern and one Southern state added, so the balance between slave and non-slave would work out?

If we annexed Canada, then we'd have to bring in Puerto Rico to balance it out. Then we'd have 52 states, and cover most of the continent.

Then we could turn our eyes to Mexico... 🙄
usaf_joe

Mar 20, 2006, 4:01 PM
the united states of north america
usaf_joe

Mar 20, 2006, 4:06 PM
i joke around alot about invading other countries and things like that. im more of a middle-of-the-roaderin general with politics but im so sick of these ****ing bullshit countries. we need to meet up with a big little brother (isreal) and our drunk stepdad ("great" britian) and just start bombing the **** outta coutries that speak up to us .. WeBombedTheCrapOuttaThatDesertCountry-stan shoulda been an example. not a supporter of the current dictatorship and its regime but when it comes to war and the power and killing force of our military .. as right as you get
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 4:13 PM
Actually, thats not the case with me. I subscribe to this philosphy:
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

In this case, I'm the idiot, or in this case, an a$$hole. I just like to say stupid stuff, mainly to piss others off. In this forum, thats xenophobic stuff.
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 4:18 PM
Unfortunately, Mr. Dei doesn't seem to be getting offended, so I'll have to go to the lounge and say stuff like this:

aemsafd said:
Of course NASCAR is a sport. The basis of a sport is that men are better than women. Do you see any female NASCAR drivers?

Or
aemsafd said:
February is Black History Month. It is also the shortest month of the year. This is because God hates black people.
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 5:11 PM
How can i be offended. You said you never argue with an idiot but your argueing with me ;). Besides i wasn't ignoring you...ok i was but that's cust because i was busy at work.
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 5:15 PM
No, *I'M* the idiot. And you shouldn't argue with me. But it can be fun to say stupid stuff to try to get you to come down to my level.
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 5:27 PM
I'll keep that in mind 😛
sonyluver30

Apr 16, 2006, 11:42 PM
What's all this $hit got to do with plans in Canada??? The parents must be at work & the kids are on the puters at home. 😛
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 5:15 PM
What about Vietnam? you TRIED to invade them...Oh sure you can say you went to help your allies the French (think we already discussed french). And oh sure you can say you didn't lose. But some 60,000 KIA's say different 😛
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 5:30 PM
Ouch.

Ok, lets see

Revolutionary
We'll call the Civil War a "tie"
Spanish-American
Mexican-American
WWI
WWII
Korea
Persian Gulf
Afghanistan
Gulf part deux

Plus the Native Americans, Panamanians, Ethiopians, Somalians, Yugoslavians, and Russians will tell you how tough we are.

So, yes we're not undefeated because of Vietnam. I still consider a 10-1-1 record pretty damn good.
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 5:48 PM
1812? Your capital city was left in flames. We just left because we got to LA and decied you had nothing worth takeing...And the british figured you were too expensive to keep. Besides Canada was just pissed at you for trying to invade us first 😁.

The civil war you always win because your both sides 😛.

WWI the US can hardly take credit for. Canada output more than the US

WWII was mostly won (except for japan the US took them almost by themselfs) before the US even decied to join.

Natives? you shot a bunch of guys with bows and arrows. and are we even going into Ethiopians?

Hehe. You know i'm just giving you guys a hard time...Exept for bush...that guy scares the freaking crap out of me.
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 5:52 PM
Vox Dei said:
Hehe. You know i'm just giving you guys a hard time...Exept for bush...that guy scares the freaking crap out of me.

Same for most of us...

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him...
I find it pretty sad that a man could be president with only about 20% of the vote. Oh well, less than three years left.
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 5:55 PM
If he gets voted in for a second term i'm comming down there and i'm going to B$%#% slap every american i can find.

Did you vote? Cause if you didn't that's just as bad.
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 5:58 PM
Vox Dei said:
If he gets voted in for a second term i'm comming down there and i'm going to B$%#% slap every american i can find.

Did you vote? Cause if you didn't that's just as bad.

You just made yourself sound REAL stupid. He IS in his second term.

Yes, I did vote, and yes, I did vote for the other loser.

I guess "better luck next election" sounds really lame for Presidential Races.
Vox Dei

Mar 20, 2006, 6:01 PM
Oh. I don't follow american politics too closely cause in order to do it you have to listen to bush speak. I swear i feel my IQ drop 20 points when ever i hear him.
aemsafd

Mar 20, 2006, 6:11 PM
And I've got some very good clips on my iPod. Do you get Comedy Central up there? If so, try watching the Daily Show. Thats where I get all of my politically and international news from.

Also in really small print:
*US Presidents are elected for a 4 year term. After Roosevelt died in office during his fourth term, laws were passed limiting presidents to be able to serve a maximum of two consequetive terms. Bush "won" the 2000 Election without winning the popular vote, mainly because of a close race in Florida that ended up going to the Supreme Court. He then was re-elected in 2004. Short of Cheney getting the best promotion in the worst way, his term will expire in January of 2009, after the election in the fall of 2008.

In...
(continues)
Vox Dei

Mar 21, 2006, 12:47 PM
aemsafd said:
And I've got some very good clips on my iPod. Do you get Comedy Central up there? If so, try watching the Daily Show. Thats where I get all of my politically and international news from.

Ya we get the Daily show. I watch it when ever i can catch it. Colbare report too. The daily show always manages to get the best clips of bush. It's great.

Also in really small print:
*US Presidents are elected for a 4 year term. After Roosevelt died in office during his fourth term, laws were passed limiting presidents to be able to serve a maximum of two consequetive terms. Bush "won" the 2000 Election without winning the popular vote, mainly because of a close race in Florida t
(continues)
aemsafd

Mar 21, 2006, 12:50 PM
Vox Dei said:
WHAT...you really have to come here if you missed the most importanted one. BEER...and we arn't talking about that american pi$$ water you guys drink. This is a real mans drink (our women drink it too)

Right, so your women drink men's beer, shave their faces, and wear lumberjack clothing? Thats what I thought

Hey, don't blame me, I live in a country where are highest leader almost choked to death on a pretzel. And his second in command just shot a man.
Vox Dei

Mar 21, 2006, 1:21 PM
Haha. No our women are tall, leggy and none of them wear lumberjack clothing (other than the ones that are in the lumberjack camps). And you know they are tough...after all you try wearing a mini skirt in -20 weather 😁
aemsafd

Mar 21, 2006, 1:34 PM
Vox Dei said:
after all you try wearing a mini skirt in -20 weather 😁

Hahaha.
Vox Dei said:
Haha. No our women are tall, leggy and none of them wear lumberjack clothing

Like your two most famous women, Celine Dion and Bryan Adams?
alejandro

Mar 22, 2006, 5:22 PM
wait wait wait wait......

canada has cell phones?
MIKE3222

Mar 28, 2006, 3:14 PM
they are actually loud-speakers, but very portable.
Vox Dei

Mar 29, 2006, 1:50 PM
Two cans and a string. Very portable...as long as your both going in the same direction 😳
aemsafd

Apr 3, 2006, 11:26 AM
Vox Dei said:
Two cans and a string. Very portable...as long as your both going in the same direction 😳

I went to a presentation from a person who was in Hurricane Katrina. He was part of the hospital staff, and stayed at the hospital until all the patients and staff were evacuated. This was part of the presentation:

Our radios worked pretty good... Until our dispatch center ran out of power.

Cell phones worked pretty good... Until the storm knocked over the cell towers.

Satellite phones worked pretty good... Until the press starting setting up, and taking all of the bandwidth.

You know what they ended up doing? Using bullhorns. Yelling through a bullhorn. And if that didn't work, th...
(continues)
usaf_joe

Mar 20, 2006, 1:51 PM
aemsafd said:
And besides, we kicked your ass in the American-Canadian war of 1999, as memorialized in the documentary 'South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.'

🤣 Amen! 🤣

Apr 26, 2006, 9:01 PM
yup you are getting screwed...what can you do about it??? haha.
Convergeeman

Mar 2, 2004, 6:22 PM
hey mines not too bad i got for 45 a month unlim nw at 6 with 45o daytime and freeservices across the board through a company that my family owns ha suck this rogers userd.plus i have cdma... hahaha
ossynay

Mar 28, 2004, 10:20 PM
Oh man you said it. OUr plans SUCK! I really NEED long distance on my cell, if I had that I could get rid of my landline, but nooooo., no long distance unless you want to pay bit $ for it.

That and we get like 200 mins on the same rate the americans get 1000!!!(in some markets)
cellhound

Apr 3, 2004, 2:41 PM
VIRGIN mobile is coming to Canada maybe that means better rates coming online w/ Bell.i wonder what about Aliant and the other CDMA carriers.. 😛
Liam20

Apr 3, 2004, 2:53 PM
Aliant would not offer a decent deal even if they lost half their customer base, they just really do not give a damn heh
SouthernBelle

May 18, 2004, 4:14 PM
When is Virgin going to be in Canada? I know that the U.S. Virgin operates off the the Sprint CDMA network. Surely they would be partnering with a Canadian CDMA technology company such as Bell, which, to me, means rates and plans that would be similar to other Canadian cellular providers instead of American.
CDiddy

May 19, 2004, 7:46 AM
Yeah you would think the plans would be better, but its not likely. Rogers has been an ATT Wireless affiliate for many years and both have GSM networks but still, the plans for Rogers suck. But you can bet that if Bell starts to offer more "American" type plans I'll be switching over to them.
Katya

May 19, 2004, 11:11 PM
I know that Bell has several plans that include unlimited long distance in Canada but they are more expensive and include less minutes. I'm in the same position as you especially if Bell starts to offer more "Americanized" rateplans.
Oggy

Apr 10, 2004, 5:27 PM
Yup.

Bell Canada.

200 min/mon (incl. promo) +
VM, Caller ID +
Access Fee =

$55.00/month on average.

"Please sir, may I have more lube?"

- Oggy
Mr. Lumberg

May 12, 2004, 11:21 PM
Tell me about it. Canadian plans are crap, especially when you compare it to Local 39.99 with 600 additional making it 1000 anytime and unlimited nights and weekends and free lond distance. That's the deal of the century. I pay $45 a month for 350 anytime and unlimited nights and weekends. Complete horse ****.
Katya

May 13, 2004, 12:42 AM
Being a Canadian and a wireless phone user, as well as working in the wireless industry, you do have a point there. Being with Rogers here, I am seriously getting screwed, my boyfriend and I have two phones on a shared plan, I believe that gives us something like 600 mins, unlim n/w, and I think 1000 m2m, and we pay anywhere from $160-$190 per month. We're looking now, at buying out our contract. Knowing what I know about American rate plans you guys are definetly getting the deals. I'm not sure about the rateplans through Telus (Alberta), or Bell, but I'm going to be looking into those because I need a better deal.
Link

May 13, 2004, 5:36 PM
Well comparing Canadian Plans to American plans, I found out CAN. get 6pm start time for N&W mins. MORE mins. for less but no free features such as Voicemail or Caller ID. With US plans the opposite holds, 9pm start time, no N&W mins. on plans $29.99 or less, 7pm on $59.99 plans and up, but FREE Voicemail and Caller ID.
cellshopper

Mar 15, 2006, 1:13 PM
i came accross good information on rate plans for Telus as well as pricing on their phones at this place that sells them online.. they say they sell their phones cheaper than anyone in canada and give away a bunch of free accessories too..

www.tphones.ca
SprintBGN

Mar 17, 2006, 12:54 PM
crap and i thought nextel was taking me to the cleaners, i have the free incoming 500, nights start 6pm, mtm, 15.00 web, and both insurances, plus free free vm and caller id and i pay somewhere in the 90.00 neighborhood

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.