http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=9&fi=2593580

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

Back to message list

Top message:  PrePaid Service in Canada by Dollgrin   Nov 27, 2010, 7:35 PM

Replying to:  Re: PrePaid Service in Canada by JTRaven   Nov 28, 2010, 6:16 PM

Re: PrePaid Service in Canada

by Dollgrin    Nov 28, 2010, 6:53 PM

well I just looked on Verizon online to see what they offer and on their prepaid section they actually have something on prepaid international services but I wanted to make sure I understood it right. I tried to call the Prepaid place but it's all automated and basically directs you to the web to activate etc which I expected. So I called customer service and I know I'm being a dud and not activating a line so I made it short sweet and to the point. The guy who answered was really nice at first, and when I asked my question he was like oh, you have to have regular service and get the us/canada plan. I told him I didn't want to do that becuase I'm only going to be there for a week and don't know how often I'd actually go back and he insisted that the information I was looking at didn't exist and tried to convince me the only way to get service is activating a line.

Here is the site:
http://b2b.vzw.com/international/prepay/index.html »

After the 3rd time he offered to activate I said "Thank you for your time, I can't activate but I got my questions answered" (and I KNOW i wasn't being sarcastic or rude) he hung up on me. Sooooo that wasn't a good experience.

Thank goodness I have common sense and know that stuff has to do with the individual rep, not with Verizon itself.... oh well!

I think Verizon would work but I don't want to guess, so I'll probably just pay more to have a service in Canada than go with a service here. That's kinda sad. Sad oh well, its not like any of them are going to go broke witout my one week of service!

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.