Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 8 replies

What is a metric year?

meeshxsmith

Nov 1, 2009, 5:58 PM
I am sorry if I seem stupid, but what is a metric year? I'm very curious and don't have wiki at work. I'm firewalled.
GraGG

Nov 1, 2009, 7:46 PM
what we base canadian contracts off of, plus its what we base cats lives after 👀
matonater

Nov 4, 2009, 10:41 AM
in canada they use the metric system. they measure everything differently like tempature distance and time

if you wanted to live or visit canada you would need to get a metric watch or have one that will do both english and metric

I believe a metric year is around 423 days instead of the 365 we are used to here in the states
meeshxsmith

Nov 4, 2009, 3:25 PM
How long is everything then?

Do you know of a conversion chart?

I am intrigued.
matonater

Nov 5, 2009, 8:22 PM
have you done any research on metric time yet?
meeshxsmith

Nov 5, 2009, 8:30 PM
Yes 🙂 According to Wikipedia Metric time uses seconds as the base component.

But now I'm wondering how Canada scales minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years.

Canada is a cool place 😎.
meeshxsmith

Nov 5, 2009, 8:39 PM
Numerous proposals have been made for alternative base units of metric time. On March 28, 1794, the president of the commission which developed the metric system, Joseph Louis Lagrange, proposed in a report to the commission the names déci-jour and centi-jour (deciday and centiday in English).[1] Base units equivalent to decimal divisions of the day, such as 1/10, 1/100, 1/1000, or 1/100,000 day, or other divisions of the day, such as 1/20 or 1/40 day, have also been proposed, with names such as tick, meck, chi, chron, moment, etc., and multiple and submultiple units formed with metric prefixes. Such alternative units have not gained any notable acceptance, however, mostly from sheer lack of acquaintance and familiarity.

A modified sec...
(continues)
matonater

Nov 5, 2009, 8:39 PM
you are cracking me up
meeshxsmith

Nov 5, 2009, 8:54 PM
Thank you 🙂 Glad I could make somebody smile 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.