Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Does Canada

Drunk

Jul 2, 2009, 11:02 AM
offer interactive TV with phones? What I mean is, back in the mid 90's when I went to findland you could vote and interact with the TV there, it was pretty cool. You could send a text and it would appear. We do that now and it's sort of new for us, with American Idol, and the latin channel and texing stuff. I was wondering if Canada has anything like that?
Webb

Jul 2, 2009, 1:04 PM
That's been around for a few years, yes. SMS usage in Canada took off at about the same time it did stateside, and the whole 'vote by SMS' concept right with it.
Drunk

Jul 9, 2009, 1:27 PM
Satellite phones popular in Canada?
Webb

Jul 9, 2009, 2:36 PM
Uh. For people travelling in truly remote areas, yes. If you're doing back-country hiking in the Rockies, or mineral exploration in the Northwest territories, or logging a remote site in the BC interior, your group might carry one. The vast bulk of Canadians don't really have reason to acquire one.
GraGG

Jul 31, 2009, 2:20 PM
tryn to think of a joke for this one.... 😕
matonater

Jul 31, 2009, 6:57 PM
you will get extra points if you use Canadian bacon in the joke
wildbill1977

Apr 30, 2010, 11:18 AM
Satellite phones are mainly used by Canadian Arctic Polarboar hunters. The Canadian Arctic Polarboar is where we get that awesome Canadian Bacon!

How many points do I get.
diggitydogg76

Apr 15, 2010, 8:02 PM
You mean like Canadian Idol?
wildbill1977

Apr 30, 2010, 11:14 AM
Yes although this is not a handset technology per-say. When you text into the predetermined number, the Television network then transfers the content of the test to the screen. So the phone itself does not directly interact with the Television.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.