Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Rogers buys Fido

redstar

Nov 11, 2004, 9:56 AM
What do you make of that? I'm quite happy about it. I forced my phone to use Rogers network instead of Fido and it works a lot better. Rx and Tx audio is greatly improved
GSGeek

Feb 20, 2005, 9:22 PM
I have the same impression. Fido's look and feel didn't change and Rogers signal seems more powerful and gives more coverage. I work in an environment full of RFI (telecom equipment maker) and Fido signal barely comes in (1/5 I'd say). I suppose the only unhappy ones are laid-off Fido employees because of the merge.
Fido is nice. I wouldn't change for now.

Cheers,
cingularreppy

Jun 9, 2005, 10:54 PM
fido have the plan that is only thing fido has... rogers increased the signal on there towers though becasue they were losing customers to telus/sasktel
Amy55

Nov 7, 2005, 2:58 PM
Not true. Telus is a shotty company. Sasktel gives better coverage in the country and small towns but elsewhere Rogers dominates.
Vox Dei

Nov 8, 2005, 5:29 PM
Telus has the lowest churn rate and highest aquisition rate...Only think you can dispute about his statement is that rogers turned up the signal on the towers...Which i don't think you can do with GSM
Amy55

Nov 9, 2005, 12:50 AM
Low churn means nothing to me. I'd rather have the better coverage that Rogers can provide. My opinion.
Vox Dei

Nov 9, 2005, 7:26 PM
I don't know where you live but here Telus or Bell have the best coverage and there is no comparison to Rogers for coverage. I live in Alberta
Amy55

Nov 11, 2005, 12:14 AM
I live in Saskatchewan.
nokia666

Aug 30, 2005, 10:35 AM
I WORK FOR BOTH FIDO AND ROGERS AND ITS HILARIOUS WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYIONG. FIRST OF ALL ROGERS BOUGHT FIDO BECAUSE OF THE WHOLE CITY FIDO CAMPAIGN. IT STOLE ALMOST 1 MILLION CUSTOMERS ACROSS CANADA. MOST OF THEM WERE IN VANCOUVER WHERE TELUS, BELL AND ROGERS (TELUS WORST OF ALL) WERE LOSING A LOT OF CUSTOMERS. TELUS TRIED TO BUY FIDO AND THEY FAILED SO ROGERS STEPPED IN AND STEAMROLLED THEM WITH A QUICK AND EASY ACQUISITION. MOST FIDO EMPLOYEE'S WERE FINE AND NO ONE LOST THEIR JOB BECAUSE OF THE MERGE. THE CEO OF MICROCELL STEPPED DOWN WITH A 30 MILLION DOLLAR GOODBYE PRESENT. ROGERS PEOPLE WERE NOT AFFECTED EITHETR. A FEW WEEKS LATER ROGERS BOUGHT SPRINT... MORE STUFF TO ADD TO THE EMPIRE AMONG OTHERS
Vox Dei

Aug 30, 2005, 2:53 PM
Ya but sprint has something to do with cell phones.
BlueHFX

Aug 30, 2005, 7:29 PM
Vox Dei said:
Ya but sprint has something to do with cell phones.

What does sprint have to do with this?
Vox Dei

Aug 31, 2005, 11:28 AM
That was my question
jerry 12

Aug 31, 2005, 6:48 PM
what do you mean that rogers sprint ? 😕
ConvergysSlave

Sep 1, 2005, 9:22 PM
Rogers purchaced Sprint Canada. They are a landline business, and it provided Rogers an oppertunity to move into different services and more bundle options.
jerry 12

Sep 2, 2005, 8:44 PM
ConvergysSlave said:
Rogers purchaced Sprint Canada. They are a landline business, and it provided Rogers an oppertunity to move into different services and more bundle options.

thanks for the info. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.