Phone Scoop

printed July 28, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=9&fi=1889590

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

Back to message list

Top message:  legalize marijuania YES or NO? by weaselbitmypancake   Aug 7, 2005, 7:13 PM

Replying to:  Re: WRONG by ZombieJ   Oct 13, 2008, 5:13 PM

Re: WRONG

by Thales    Oct 14, 2008, 2:45 PM

ZombieJ said:
Yes really. But only because you're completely misunderstanding the argument. We're talking about increased usage if it were legal vs. illegal. That's why I made the claim that it was of no consequence - You're talking about something completely different. I said that you point would be relevant "all things being equal". In other words, your point would be valid if we were talking about trying to stop people from smoking pot, or getting them to start. This discussion has always centred around the merits of it being decriminalized - not whether people use it or not. The addicitive properties of THC are mostly psychological at any rate. It's addictive in the same way video games or gambling is addictive; A problem to be sure and something to consider but we shouldn't be so quick to fear monger over it. Harvard Medical School has done quite a bit of work on this topic over the last 25 years or so, suffice to say you're a lot more likely to become physically addicted to coffee or cigarettes than marijuana.

Great. Had you actually read my reply to "weaselbitmypancake" you would have known what context I was speaking in.

Taking part in and listening to debates and discussions isn't hard if you attended a High School that wasn't underfunded; Or went to University - in fact, it's mandatory. I don't see how these claims are so wild that it would give you cause to question them. If you went to a university where every professor you encountered didn't hold a doctorate you probably went to a shi**y university.

You are totally right. I got my Bachelor's at GSU. I've managed people that were graduates from UGA, GT and Auburn... imagine that, me with my ****ty university. Next up; University of South Alabama.

My aversion to "Fin" has no relevance, but you're either pretentious or you're assuming I can't tell when you've finished a thought. Notice how I, nor anyone else, uses "fin" or "the end" yet somehow we manage to keep our conversations coherent. Imagine that.

is he done yet??? who knows!

And it isn't pretentious to assume you know why I end my posts with "-fin"? You claim there are only two choices, but the reason behind it is neither that you listed. Imagine that, you don't know the reasoning... *GASP*. I've used that to end my forum posts for about 6 years, starting back when Lycos had a community system and I did play-by-post roleplaying. What relevance did the use of "fin" have with this topic to begin with? Did you hope that by attacking that it would weaken my opinion?

-fin
Thales*

(*In use since 2002. For you fragile, intellectually impotent folk out there this is not a method of questioning your ability to perceive the end of my post.)

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.