Phone Scoop

printed November 26, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=9&fi=1881639

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

Back to message list

Top message:  legalize marijuania YES or NO? by weaselbitmypancake   Aug 7, 2005, 7:13 PM

Replying to:  Re: WRONG by weaselbitmypancake   Oct 6, 2008, 10:44 PM

Re: WRONG

by Thales    Oct 7, 2008, 5:11 PM

It is a staw-man argument in that the OP is proposing that people who don't support legalizing marijuana support alcohol and tobacco, far more hazardous substances, essentially saying that we support those substances that are more deadly therefore our opinion is made invalid.

I would like to see the results of any study that suggests that addictive substances become less desirable if they become more readily available.

Also, smoking pot, drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco are not even remotely similar to driving a car. Driving a vehicle is a necessity for millions of people, it is entirely infeasible for me to trek 12 miles to work, 8 miles to the grocery store and 6-8 miles any time I feel like eating out.

-fin
Thales

Report to moderator

Replies

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.