Phone Scoop

printed July 31, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=9&fi=1880388

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

Back to message list

Top message:  legalize marijuania YES or NO? by weaselbitmypancake   Aug 7, 2005, 7:13 PM

Replying to:  WRONG by Thales   Oct 4, 2008, 1:14 PM

Re: WRONG

by weaselbitmypancake    Oct 6, 2008, 10:44 PM

Thank you for your excellent points. You are correct marijuania most definately has negative impacts on the body.

""Long term marijuana users who attempt to quit report irritability, sleeplessness, decrease in appetite, anxiety and even depression. Several studies have shown that habitual marijuana usage increases your risk of depression, certain anxiety disorders, high doses of marijuana can exacerbate existing psychological issues and cause acute psychotic reactions.""

so true a friend of mine just went through this but she also had pre-existing issues. I get irritable any time I don't get my coffee in the morning before work..man when I quite smoking cigs I probably would have murdered someone if I hadn't basically locked my self in the house for 2 weeks first...I think that this is true with any habit forming substance, nicotine,caffine , sugar.

""If you want to espouse the medical virtues of legalizing marijuana you should note that smoking pot is not the best way of introducing the curative and therapeutic properties of marijuana to the body. It should also be noted that THC suppresses your immune system and can cause higher occurrences of bacterial infections""

For this I give you a big thumbs up. Vaporization or cooking or medical(pills). Smoking is convenient, I know but save your lungs boys and girls sugar cookie are great.

""Quite a few of the points in the argument for legalizing marijuana are essentially straw-man arguments. The fact that alcohol and tobacco are legal is irrelevant to marijuana being legal. Admittedly both can be just as hazardous to one's health and well being, but it is a poor argument point to say marijuana should be legalized because there are far more deadly and destructive items that are legal.""

actually studies show hat tobacco is far more hazardous than pot, alcohol destroys lives in so many ways more so than marijuania, sure pot makes teens lazy and other but they were gonna be lazy anyways legalize and teens would be less interested and less likely to get ahold of it. Also it's bad of me to pollute my lungs on my own choice but all the millions of people who drive cars who are killing everybody is ok. Lastly this last paragraph seem to lack the same level of logic you first few perhaps you could be so kind as to explain why you feel these arguments are "straw-man arguments"

Report to moderator

Replies

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.