Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Can a Motorola iDen phone be unlocked?

lucky13

Jan 13, 2005, 7:26 AM
I was curious to know if an iDen phone can be unlocked. Does anyone know if its possible? And does anyone know where it can be done?
JessiCSR

Jan 13, 2005, 7:25 PM
I'm sure it's possible...but it'd be entirely pointless to do so..Nextel is the only company who uses iDen.
lucky13

Jan 14, 2005, 3:15 AM
Correction! In Canada a similar company called Telus has a similar network called "Mike" which uses iDen phones and works just like Nextel.
JessiCSR

Jan 14, 2005, 2:53 PM
I stand corrected. xD cwaaazy canucks.
lucky13

Jan 14, 2005, 3:17 PM
😁
604-Movers-On-Call

Jan 24, 2005, 1:05 AM
I am also interested in this topic.
Are you trying to use Nextel phone on Telus Mike network, or the other way around?
If you tried to do this, what was the response of the service provider?
lucky13

Jan 24, 2005, 7:23 AM
I'm trying to use a Nextel phone onto the Mike Telus network.

I've been told by Nextel that if I get an unlocked iDen phone it should work on the Mike Telus network.

Every time I speak to a Mike Telus representative they state an unlocked Nextel phone will not work on the Mike Telus network. Although I spoke with a repesentative at a local Mike Telus store and he stated that it would work - he mentioned that the reps at Mike Telus will not tell you it would work because they only want phones to be purchased from them not from the States.

I don't know what to do. I'm just hesitate on getting the phone and then be faced with it not working.
🙄
screaminglife

Jan 28, 2005, 7:39 PM
a friend of mine recently purchased a dozen or so nextel phones from the states and is currently selling them to clients who wish to join TELUS's MIKE service. The phones themselves are in good condition, NO i860's but nevertheless pretty good, and one person who purchased it is currently using it on MIKE dispatch 40, so i would answer yes, but i can only verify that Nextel phones do.
lucky13

Jan 29, 2005, 9:11 AM
sreaminglife,

Please email me at hookmeup@mail.com.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.