ReaperTut

Jan 7, 2008, 8:22 PM
im lookin for a female canadian commonlaw.. 🙂
newfette

Jan 18, 2008, 9:42 AM
you're kidding right?? 😳
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 1:24 PM
i was half seriuous. i just threw it out there to get a reaction. but our healthcare in california SUCKS! its too pricey for those of us who make good money, or the "free" care doesn't really work, it'll cover most doctor visits, but doesn't cover all MRI's or CT scans.. as im a motorcycle stunt rider, my injuries are severe when i crash. and i have to choose between repairing my bike for the next show, or repairing my body to be able to perform all my tricks at the next show. because of this i actually got slammed in medical bills and had to get a regular "9 - 5" job. i hate it. i even thought about takin a semester abroad (overseas schools) like in europe or italy. heh, cause then i could bring my team over to compete there!! that'd be fr...
(continues)
.Dylan

Jan 18, 2008, 2:53 PM
Probably Newfouldland
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 3:19 PM
what province is that in?
newfette

Jan 18, 2008, 3:30 PM
ha ha ha

newfoundland is a province..

my time zone is 4.5 hours ahead of the Pacific time zone
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 3:32 PM
🤭 dumb americans.. i swear.. lol how far is that from quebec?
newfette

Jan 18, 2008, 3:36 PM
ok quick geography lesson..

the actualy name is Newfoundland and Labrador

Newfoundland is an island and the eastern most province in canada. Labrador is actually connected to northern quebec.
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 3:43 PM
yay for me. WOW thats way far away..thats not a road trip thats a flight.. or do they ferry between the mainland and the island (which i didn't know there were islands to canada 😳 ) you learn somethin new everyday!!!
newfette

Jan 18, 2008, 3:44 PM
ha ha ha yes there is a ferry but to get to the town where i live its about a 7 or 8 hour drive away..

newfoundland is a big place
ReaperTut

Jan 18, 2008, 5:10 PM
can i crash at your place when i visit? im a traveler.. by all means
newfette

Jan 18, 2008, 8:36 PM
sure..

right after you fax me a copy of your criminal record check 😁
ReaperTut

Jan 19, 2008, 3:57 PM
you want my info? i'll email it to ya.. you can do a free criminal check 🙂 i had a top secret clearance in the military. the only dirt you'll find on me is that i had a contract ******** ;)
newfette

Jan 21, 2008, 1:23 PM
contract???

what kinda contract?
ReaperTut

Jan 22, 2008, 8:55 PM
i got paid more money to be married when i was in the navy .. ;x
Armand Goldman

Jan 26, 2008, 9:29 PM
I get more wrinkles...all over. Soon I'll start looking like a Shar Pai... 🤣
ReaperTut

Jan 26, 2008, 9:51 PM
wtf is a shar pai?
ReaperTut

Jan 26, 2008, 10:44 PM
wouldn't a pit bull have more wrinkles? 🤣 🤣 .. i just hope i didn't jinx myself
Armand Goldman

Jan 27, 2008, 7:30 PM
A Shar Pai has more wrinkles than Joan Rivers after a walk on SOuth Miami Beach. 🤣
ReaperTut

Jan 29, 2008, 7:11 PM
ahah 🤣 🤣 too true, and thats all natural (the dog i mean) joan rivers had to pay to look like that.. "can't feel my face" ... gee maybe all those surgies killed the nerve endings in her face?
newfette

Jan 18, 2008, 3:45 PM
but this time of the year its usually best to fly to the island cause the ferry is sketchy
Webb

Jan 20, 2008, 5:26 PM
ReaperTut said:
yay for me. WOW thats way far away..thats not a road trip thats a flight.. or do they ferry between the mainland and the island (which i didn't know there were islands to canada 😳 ) you learn somethin new everyday!!!

It is a shorter flight from Newfoundland to the UK than it is from Newfoundland to Los Angeles.
newfette

Jan 21, 2008, 1:21 PM
that is correct
ReaperTut

Jan 22, 2008, 8:54 PM
that sucks.. for me anyway.. :\ well when i move to the UK, i'll probably be frequenting newfoundland .. 😛
happywelshguy

Feb 16, 2008, 6:30 PM
I'm a former Police Offfice in Toronto. There's lot's of beautiful ladies in Toronto.
ReaperTut

Feb 16, 2008, 8:40 PM
😳 i kinda can't do it anymore.. i've got a GF, and i doubt she'd be comfortable with me doin that. besides, i FINALLY got accepted to UC Davis for my joint replacement surgery, covered under county medical services program. don't you guys have mounties? or is that just like our sherriff's? like the difference between local city police and county officers?
Astronaut HS 88

Feb 17, 2008, 12:21 PM
Wait!!! You had to wait in line for Canadian Health Care?

I thought that didn't happen in Utopia.
ReaperTut

Feb 18, 2008, 6:14 PM
im not canadian... im in california, in america.. our healthcare sucks
micky69ca

Feb 19, 2008, 8:10 AM
RCMP Royal Canadian Mountain Police...they're police at the federal level, but I've only ever seen them "dressed as mounties" at hockey games or funerals... I guess its the equivilant to your FBI? then we have OPP Ontario Provincial Police... and then finally the WRPD Waterloo Regional Police Dept
Dj Podmaster

Jan 8, 2008, 4:14 PM
I am. Hailing from Toronto, Ontario working for the big red company. How about you guys?
KioskLife

Jan 9, 2008, 12:41 PM
Not only Canadian but French Canadian here!

From the wonderful province of Quebec.
micky69ca

Jan 9, 2008, 3:33 PM
Are you in Quebec? or just french Canadian?
KioskLife

Jan 10, 2008, 10:16 AM
Both actually. So not "just" french Canadian. 🤣
micky69ca

Jan 10, 2008, 10:36 PM
Quebec is the ****, sweet Montreal, sweet super-sex
ReaperTut

Jan 11, 2008, 2:30 PM
i went to ontario once.. i was 6, does that count? whats so special about being french canadian. it just sounds like a canadian with a complex. like a white guy growing up in a hispanic community. doesn't act white, but doesn't fit in with the mexicans. :\
micky69ca

Jan 9, 2008, 3:32 PM
I`m in Cambridge doing sprint finance/care
captainplooky

Jan 11, 2008, 5:02 AM
The problem with Canada is that it is filled with Canadians.
captainplooky

Jan 11, 2008, 12:30 PM
FYI

I have no issue with Canada or Canadians. I was just using the line of the King from Braveheart and substituted Canada for Scotland.
ReaperTut

Jan 11, 2008, 2:34 PM
you dun gotta lie, you know your singing that song from the southpark movie. "Blame canada" .. aha.. actually when i read the title, that came to mind. but i like canadians eh. i met a few while in costa rica. true story. in costa rica of all places. we quickly realized that the canadian "eh" is the equivelant of the american "huh" or "ya" when used at the end of a question for agreement or disagreement.. you know what i mean, eh? or you know what im saying, huh?

😁
KioskLife

Jan 12, 2008, 12:17 PM
It's not a putdown, a lot of people refer to themselves as Canucks so its no biggie...eh? 😁
ReaperTut

Jan 12, 2008, 3:42 PM
yea but if me, as an american called you a canuck, wouldn't that be taken offensively? kinda like the N word eh?.. thats how i've always viewed it.
bonito

Jan 12, 2008, 5:42 PM
Dont they have a hockey team named the Canucks?
ReaperTut

Jan 12, 2008, 5:53 PM
no clue.
KioskLife

Jan 13, 2008, 1:29 PM
Yeah, we do.

And no, I really wouldn't take offense. But that's just me, maybe some people would be offended, I really couldn't say. It's not like calling a French person a frog... or a square-head for people who live in Ontario. That's offensive, Canuck isn't.
micky69ca

Jan 13, 2008, 4:49 PM
I've never been called a square head lol, why is that slander?
KioskLife

Jan 15, 2008, 5:57 PM
Lol... well, in Quebec, people refer to the ppl living in Ontario as 'square heads'. It's not like people from anywhere else will call you that lol. And it's not nearly as common as Canuck so that might explain why you've never been called that lol.
.Dylan

Jan 15, 2008, 9:33 PM
Where does square head come from?
KioskLife

Jan 16, 2008, 8:47 AM
*shrugs* I wish I knew... but I really don't... I just know some people around here use it as sort of a "putdown" for people in Ontario.
Dj Podmaster

Jan 13, 2008, 10:11 PM
I'm not a square head. Thats the first time ive heard of that. We call people from newfoundland newfies and people from Quebec get called something else.
ReaperTut

Jan 15, 2008, 9:12 PM
wow, but you guys seems light hearted about it. thats cool.
.Dylan

Jan 15, 2008, 9:34 PM
Yeah. Vancouver
Webb

Jan 20, 2008, 5:22 PM
So, yeah. There's your proof that the term 'Canuck' isn't anywhere near as derogatory as the 'N Word' is down in the states. You'd never see a sports team called the Atlanta 'N Words' or anything like that.

In practice, we use the term more as a point of pride. We are all Canucks. Whereas stateside the 'N word' is a point of division. It's one of those 'us against them' things.

Another telling historical usage of the term is 'Johnny Canuck', which originated as a caricature personification of Canada in political cartoons, kind of like the US 'Uncle Sam' or England's 'John Bull'. A superhero comic book by the same name (in similar vein to Captain America, though without actual super powers) emerged in WWII.

The Canuck was also the na...
(continues)
katman_blue

Jan 12, 2008, 8:34 PM
funny you should say that...i just got back from costa rica about 2 days ago! i went backpacking for 2 weeks over new years, and pretty much 85% of the backpackers i met in costa rica were all from canada. they all said the same thing "we're here to escape the -20 degree weather" because obviously its summertime down there in CR

and yes... "eh" is not just a stereotype
ReaperTut

Jan 12, 2008, 9:33 PM
i know.. hehe.. i actually say that though in real life. or ya instead. just makes things interesting.
lowtechlou

Jul 24, 2008, 3:28 PM
i thought canuck meant a french canadian??
Marcus Fenix

Jan 16, 2008, 5:27 PM
Newfette is from CA...
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 7, 2008, 7:58 PM
Alex Trebek and Michael J. Fox.
Armand Goldman

Feb 10, 2008, 4:54 PM
Marty is Canadian??? 😲
Armand Goldman

Feb 15, 2008, 8:18 AM
The late Peter Jennings was Canadian.
SoCalVDub

Feb 9, 2008, 7:49 PM
😳 What's this a'boot ?!?
Webb

Feb 11, 2008, 1:50 AM
Negative. Boots are the things you wear on your feet so your toes don't fall off between October and March.
ReaperTut

Feb 11, 2008, 7:27 PM
lol.. i totally understand the way thats suppose to sound. but i think you got the wrong accent for canadian ;) anyone agree eh?
Webb

Feb 14, 2008, 11:12 PM
ReaperTut said:
lol.. i totally understand the way thats suppose to sound. but i think you got the wrong accent for canadian ;) anyone agree eh?

Of course. Canada has several different regional accents. If there's folks out there who seriously say 'aboot', they represent a minor variation at best.

The only real universal aspect to a Canadian accent is to routinely speak English with habitually better grammar than an American.
ReaperTut

Feb 14, 2008, 11:20 PM
🤣 🤣 i couldn't agree more with that statement.. my english is only slighter better than my spanglish.. but i still don't speak proper english.. i speak american .. sometime caucasion.. with the occasional spanglish 🙂
micky69ca

Feb 15, 2008, 7:36 AM
I think people often believe we sound like we are from minnisota (fargo)
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 1:06 PM
see, i listen to all sorts of accents, and i don't think there are enough similiarities to get the two confused. i know you know what im saying eh? i dun remember if i told you this, but when i was in costa rica, i hung out with a bout 9 canadians, from quebec. and we picked apart eachothers accents. and the biggest one i can remember off the top of my head is, for most californians: we say something like, "that was fun, huh?" where as you may say "that was fun, eh?" 🙂 please correct me if that is an incorrect generalization.. =P
Webb

Feb 15, 2008, 4:51 PM
You have it right. Eh is basically a substitute for 'huh'. And it is fairly universal across Canada (even in Quebec, when they speak English).
micky69ca

Feb 19, 2008, 8:12 AM
Extra Maple Syrup!
ReaperTut

Feb 19, 2008, 5:46 PM
😁 i like it when people tell me im right..

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.