Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Short Codes & iPhone & Fido = no

joedornan

Sep 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
I have an unlocked iphone on Fido. Everything works fine, but I don't received voicemail smss. Actually I don't receive any SMSs from Fido (they tried sending me one when I called in to investigate).

It looks like my iphone can't receive short code SMSs of any kind.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238325 ... »

Does anyone know Fido or a way around this?
newfette

Oct 1, 2007, 9:00 AM
have fun when your phone locks up completely..

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/29/technology/29iphon ... »

I hope you didn't pay a lot for it.. 🤣 🤣
joedornan

Oct 3, 2007, 7:52 AM
given that other phones are generally designed to work only with the software they come with (ie no regular upgrades from the carrier/manufacturer), and given that my iphone works brilliantly aside from this one issue, I don't see the downside in simply staying with what I have. As long as I choose not to upgrade the software, I get to use the world's best phone.

your mileage may vary.

oh, and I paid $300USD and unlocked it myself. How much did you pay for your phone?
ralph_on_me

Oct 3, 2007, 10:17 AM
joedornan said:
I get to use the world's best phone.

oh, and I paid $300USD and unlocked it myself. How much did you pay for your phone?

I've gotta say, the Jury is still out on that. Other than a video camera, I've yet to see that phone do anything that my Blackberry cant.
newfette

Oct 3, 2007, 2:58 PM
pretty much...

I didn't pay anything for my phone.. I told my boss what one i wanted and i got it because I'm spoiled at my job 😁
newfette

Oct 3, 2007, 3:09 PM
worlds best phone with no texting seems like a pretty Sh!tty phone to me...
Dj Podmaster

Oct 5, 2007, 8:43 AM
I had a guy come into my location with an "unlocked" iphone and we still couldn't get it to work properly. It was pretty frustrating, he paid a huge amount for it and now hes left with a glorified ipod.

I'm under the impression the visual viocemail and internet will not function properly on the rogers or fido networks, i was told by our techs that it has something to do with the setting on the towers. Can anyone confirm this?

blackberry 8320 all the way!!!!!!!!!!
joedornan

Oct 5, 2007, 3:49 PM
yeah... that's a load of xxxx.

er, a load of FUD.

Edge works fine on Rogers (haven't tried it on Fido.) In fact everything works brilliantly except for Fido's VM notification SMS. I'm using a $399 iPhone on my regular City Fido unlimited account and smiling all day long. My wife is using a $299 iPhone (4gig) on Rogers and uses Edge all the time. no issues at all with her.

SMSing each other is the coolest.
danny cena

Oct 17, 2007, 3:26 AM
I don't have iphone myself. But it's definitely hard to remain unaffected by the whole hysteria surrounding release of this long-awaited device. Now that unlocked version is finally available I think it's worth considering.

Boasting 8Gb (on more expensive version) it was destined to become a hit from a word go. Personally I like the idea of having an all-round unit that allows you to play videos, TV shows, music, audiobooks, movies, etc.
http://www.uxcell.com/ipodiphone-accessories-c-983.html »
Although I do have some concerns about the phone's reliability. Basically iPhone is Apple's first attempt to enter cellular technology market. Whether they are good enough to compete with likes of Nokia, Motorola and Samsung on a long run, still re...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.