Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 6 replies

I need a new phone, can't decide..

smmason

Dec 3, 2004, 10:19 PM
Hi all. I need a new phone, and I'm really having trouble deciding.
I'm on Telus, which limits me ☚ī¸ .
I currently have a Motorola v.60 I've loved it, but I'm always breaking off antennas, and now my charger won't work (connector on phone is broken)
If I could pick any phone, I'd go with the Palm One Treo 650, as I'm tired of carrying a phone, and pda, and cables..

I could switch to Rogers, but I don't want to change my number, and the rest of my family is on Telus, so when they call me, I don't pay.

I like the Blackberry as a pda/email unit, but not as a phone.

The new Moto 710 looks good, has bluetooth, many of my existing accessories will likely work, but reviews say the receive sound quality is poor. I also really want g...
(continues)
ashman

Dec 18, 2004, 8:00 PM
I would read the reviews of this phone, the negative ones seem to point out that the carrier may limit bluetooth, the camera is of poor quality and reception is poor. I would talk to telus about their implementation of bluetooth and see if you can talk to anyone who has the phone and is with telus. I was with telus for 4 yrs (98-2001) and left to go to rogers because I was sick of their pathetic phones, no bluetoot and shoddy customer service. Also, they disable features on some of their phones so you can't upload ringtones or pics and have to download them through them on your phone and pay every time. GSM phones don't do this and Rogers does not disable features.

AM
lucky13

Dec 28, 2004, 11:09 PM
Wow.

I'm sort of in the same situation.

I currently am interested in the Treo 600. As much as people claim this phone is great or not I say wait for the Treo 650 - apparently its coming in early 2005. 😕
AD

Jan 9, 2005, 3:58 AM
I have the kyocerra "blade" i love the phone, its great reception wise, tiny,and can do tonnes of data transfer on it.
Kaylee10

Jan 9, 2005, 8:04 AM
I'm a Telus sub and just got the LG6190...that 'FasTap' phone. It certainly isn't a PDA but so far, I think it's great.
smmason

Jan 11, 2005, 5:52 PM
I decided to go with the Motorola 710.
Can't really switch to Rogers, as I don't want to change my phone #, and the rest of my friends and all of my family are on Telus, so I save a fair bit there.
Given the Telus offerings I chose the 710 for the bluetooth capability, and the voice recognition, both of which are great.
That and all of my v.60 accessories work with it 🙂 So far I've happy with it. I could do without the camera (it's crap, and I expected it to be) reception is great, speaker phone is good, voice recognition is nothing short of amazing!
Bluetooth sync to /from the computer works well, and I can telnet or PPP from my notebook thru bluetooth to my Linux box, or to client's computers. Now I have to decide if I really want t...
(continues)
screaminglife

Jan 11, 2005, 8:24 PM
i wouldn't go with the V710s that telus is offering currently, they are actually refurbs from VERIZON. Go with the fastap LG 6190, I have it and trust me when i say speakerphone + camera is a good combo for features. otherwise just hold on until march when the new LG 535 slider comes out. Thats pretty good and it looks amazing.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.