Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 20 replies

My ROGERS horror story

theDMan

May 20, 2004, 8:59 PM
This goes as a warning to help save a lot of you trouble. Short story is I got a letter from Rogers telling me I could go from Moto C333 to C370 free w/2 yr contract and return of my phone. Sounded like a great deal, they also offered $100 of accessories (actually 49.95 on Moto.ca) for only $30.00. Again sounds great, I get the phone, dont really like it, too big with a smaller keypad, call to do the return. Oh yes sir we can return the phone, but not your accessories. Apparantly as there is a headset it is a health risk for returns, doesn't matter if everything is still sealed, you just got screwed out of 30 bucks. Ask for the sup there, get sales sup who says he can do nothing, it's customer cares resp to handle this. I call care, g...
(continues)
Linguist

May 20, 2004, 10:21 PM
Your horror story is five dollars?
theDMan

May 20, 2004, 11:33 PM
that ends up being my end cost yes, how about 3 hours of my time, there's 60 bucks, and I happened to luck out and get a CC rep who offered CR, if I hadn't pushed it would have been 30 bucks, and the whole point is the fact that I was originally told the accessories could be returned, and then when I went to do it they make up a bullshit policy to try to screw me over, what I would like to know is how many others are getting drawn into the same situation.
-_SHARD_-

May 21, 2004, 6:54 PM
Here's one for ya too, I recently went to take over my service from my ex girls name. Rogers first needed to get her permission on the account, fine NP as thats just standard P&P. It was done, then I called in to do the change and the rep again told me we needed to get the account holders permission. ? I advised them it was just done and asked if the was a note on the account and they said nope no note. So I again had to talk to my ex and get her to give the consent. When I called back this time I got a rep who asked me why there was 2 notes on my account for the permission. I laughed at that point and just let it go, but what happened next was just... tooo stupid.

I needed a deposit, fine my credits not the greatest I knew that, ...
(continues)
RoamDog

May 23, 2004, 3:15 PM
hahahaha you should just tell them to get glasses since apperantly they can't see their own transactions.
Link

May 23, 2004, 6:11 PM
Anybody ever play the game "Telephone?" You know where you sit around in a circle and then say a sentence to the person next too you and by the time the sentence gets around the circle it has changed dramatically, well consider the same thing with a bunch of Customer Care Reps. I see it everyday, customer calls in with one rep. to discuss rate plans, then all the CCR leaves is a note saying "Discussed rate plans." Customer calls back next day to get that rate plan and next rep. is like sorry we don't have that rate plan. A few other factors involved are: info changes daily, the system can mess up and not display a note (happened to me I left a note and it didn't show up for days), new reps. have no idea what they are talking about sometimes,...
(continues)
Katya

May 23, 2004, 10:41 PM
Rogers seems to have a lot of horror stories, and I'm glad to say that I am definetly not the only one running into this situation with Rogers.

🤭 One of my horror stories revolves around billing cycles and payperiods, Rogers has taken a liking to disconnecting me at the exact same time as I'm paying my bill. 🤭

A girlfriend of mine has run into the same problem, and then some, with some of their offers that seem to have a tendency to expire right after you get them.

I've been looking at Bell wireless and am seriously considering them because of their long distance coverage, they have a plan that covers long distance in the entire country of Canada. **w007!**

It's either that or to get Telus' Mike's for my business......
(continues)
-_SHARD_-

May 24, 2004, 7:06 PM
Yeah I work in the business too, I know that can happen... a few times. Not consistantly though, that is just unacceptible. I forgave the first time they messed up and gave them another chance. They messed up again in the exact same way, and the reps I delt with handled it in the exact same way 🙄 👿
ShunAsa

Nov 1, 2004, 9:14 AM
😕 🙂 😁
Doubting Thomas

Jun 10, 2004, 5:32 PM
I dont understand you. Why would you not like the Moto 370? Its a lot better phone than that crap 333.

Let me understand you. You dont like the FREE phone that they offer you and you're bitchin and whining about not being able to return an ear bud? Big deal.

Why would you buy the accessories anyway? They would have been the same stuff as you had for the 333. Motorola accessories are interchangeable.

There's lots of holes in your story.
theDMan

Jun 11, 2004, 9:44 PM
Doubting Thomas said:
There's lots of holes in your story.

Jeez, kinda like your head. First off, the C370g is still a piece of crap, I was getting worse reception on it than my C333. Second off, I'm not bitching about the fact that I cant return the accessories set. I'm pissed off about the fact that I wasnt told that I could not return the accessories, especially since I asked so many questions about possible returns. Not to mention the fact that the Rogers reps are blaming me for not knowing that this was the policy. Last time I checked, I wasnt very good at reading peoples minds. And I didnt have any accessories for the C333, I began to realize how much of a POS it was about 3 months after I boug...
(continues)
-_SHARD_-

Jun 17, 2004, 9:15 AM
yep, and thats one reason I want to know who is responsible if it isn't rogers than when some one messes up big can we take it back to the sorce the rep who did it in the first place? I think if a few reps got taken to court over some of the sh*t that was done then maybe they would smarten up a bit more and do the jobs a little better, and for the ones that DO thier jobs well (and I do know there are a few , and my hats off to yah) then well they got nothing to worry about anyway and thier lives might even be made better since the idiots that don't do thier jobs just make things worse for the good ones anyway

Oh and as a side note my thanks to cystal who ever you are for actually fixing my issue and being curtios with me even though I w...
(continues)
thadrod

Oct 7, 2004, 10:14 PM
As a person who actually works for this company, I want to point out a few things for you. The C370 is a better phone than a C333. Newer technology, with a colour screen. I noticed that somebody already told you that you purchased the same accessories to both phones. Big deal. And when it comes down to your time, let me put it this way. Time is always important to everyone. But if you try to tell a company to jump, they simply look at you and laugh. By screaming at everyone about this is not going anywhere. The main problem is exactly what a call rep said. They look at 5,000 screens all the time. Most companies have select places covering for a whole country. Do you know how many promotions go on in one company alone, then times it by 12. So...
(continues)
Liam20

Oct 29, 2004, 9:32 PM
Hey I do ATT Wireless care, for one, we have WAY MORE promotions than Rogers, I live in Nova Scotia and really there is NOTHING from any of the Canadian carriers in comparison to American carriers. Including the new 3 year terms? that's beyond me 🙂 Anyway, you're right about equipment, it is not the service provider's responsibility, I don't call my cable company if my TV breaks, but hey how many times have I used that analogy on an American? 🙄
Doubting Thomas

Jun 23, 2004, 4:28 PM
You work wireless? Great. Do us all a favour and go work for Fido.
theDMan

Jun 23, 2004, 8:24 PM
Yeah, right, hey guys, I've got a signal and I'm 20 feet away from the tower, it's a new record.
greyrat

Nov 2, 2004, 9:15 AM
If you work wireless, I am sure youhave messed up your share of accounts and misinformed your share of people.
Consider it karma and suck it up.
Liam20

Nov 5, 2004, 6:03 PM
haha yeah, I had an employee call into care and they know they're not supposed to, so I transfered him off to Spanish prepaid care 😉
greyrat

Nov 14, 2004, 2:34 AM
hehehehehhehehehhehe I have always thought about doing that , but never would...
redstar

Nov 18, 2004, 3:15 PM
I work in the wireless industry too. I recommend to all my clients to wait 3 months before buying a phone that just came on the market. give time to the manufacturer to hammer the bugs out.
ShunAsa

Nov 18, 2004, 4:51 PM
same incident about 20 days ago

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.