Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Siemens on Rogers network???????????

MightyMouse

Oct 24, 2003, 12:58 AM
I have a siemens C56 and I use it in western canada when I dial and send a call it does 2 loud sirens and then beeps before it connects the call these sirens are so loud and driving me crazy I checked my manual front to back and nothing I called Rogers because it sounds like a network issue and they said no call Siemens when I called Siemens they said they never heard of it and told me it was Rogers??? if anyone has this phone help!!!! 😳
cellhound

Oct 25, 2003, 10:47 AM
😎 do you have a PIP tone active. what this is ,is a tone that if you have msgs waiting it will alert you by audio instead or inc the MWI..
before you make a call out.kind of like a home phone.a pain but good if you are out of a digital or gsm area and get no features like MWI.
MightyMouse

Oct 25, 2003, 10:19 PM
I cannot find a pip tone anywhere it kind of makes sense but I don't have a message waiting or in my voicemail box
Krystal

Oct 28, 2003, 2:07 AM
I have the Siemens C56 as well and I have the fon thru Rogers ATT wireless and live in eastern Canada I also work for ATT Wireless in the US. As well i am having the same problem as u described and u r right there is no mention in the manual on how to turn these tones off and using the systems @ work there is no mention of these tones either, but yet they r quite annoying. I believe that they r just letting u kno that the fon is trying to connect to the GSM system cuz the less signal i have the more beeps i get. As for how to turn the beeps off........Your guess is as good as mine. Sorry 😢
MightyMouse

Oct 28, 2003, 10:01 PM
I work for them to. After I called Siemens I called rogers and she was like of shut off your phone and I will send the "information" again meaning oaa which i kind of thought was pointless but she said it will be working! guess what I turned it on and it is still there I really believe it is the phone and how it works with the system if you find any new info post it THANX
ATTWS_H8TR

Nov 1, 2003, 7:16 PM
did you try turning off the info tones in the profile. I am not sure because I have never seen the phone before but that sounds like it might be it?

sorry if I was wrong
MightyMouse

Nov 4, 2003, 12:12 AM
I checked and the info tones were off thanks for the info if you find anything else out let me know
TDMA DUDE

Nov 6, 2003, 2:46 PM
You can choose a special melody for the call types/functions listed below.

Menu-Surf & fun-Sound manager

Options, Open menu.

Select Ring tone for....

Calls
Group calls
Other calls
Alarms

I would check these options and see if they are set to beep, ring or Off
MightyMouse

Nov 6, 2003, 8:03 PM
Ya I tried that to! I have them all sett o what I want exept cell broadcast which is off??

thanks

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.