Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 5 replies

European roaming on Canadian carriers?

newguy

Jul 4, 2004, 12:25 AM
Which carrier is the best for roaming in Europe(ie cheapest rates, best coverage)? Thanks for your help.
en102

Aug 3, 2004, 6:26 PM
Most likely Fido - Microcell has the most roaming partners in Canada (over 300).

http://www.canadagsm.com/english/html/partners/fs_pa ... »
radioguy

Aug 16, 2004, 2:00 PM
Newguy, could you provide a bit more information? Are you a Canadian wanting to roam in Europe, or vice versa? Which network are you with now?

I'll try to offer some comments once I have more information to work with.

Cheers!!!
WesternCanadian

Apr 14, 2005, 1:52 AM
I'm also interested in roaming in Europe. Am current Rogers customer, however, their roaming rates are RUDELY expensive (C$1.50-4/min.)!

I presume a prepaid SIM card from the Euro countries I'm visiting would make more sense?
Unfortunately, when looking at carriers in Spain, France and Italy, their roaming rates in Europe (outside their own country) are quite high also!

Any suggestions would be most helpful!
elmo01

Apr 16, 2005, 5:32 AM
you gotta make sure first that your phone will work in europe... they use a different broadcast standard than Canada and the USA... we use 850/1900mmhz... they use 900/1800...what kind of phone (make and model) do you have?
WesternCanadian

Apr 18, 2005, 6:38 PM
Thanks elmo01, I already know about the frequency differences and all our GSM phones are compatible with Euro frequencies, and unlocked.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.