Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

Which would you buy?

snidelywhiplash

Oct 3, 2005, 3:19 PM
Hey All,

I am in Atlantic Canada and have been with rogers for a long time and have hated them every single day-but I loved my motorola v60. Their GSM network does not work where I go, so I need to move to Aliant as they seem to have much better coverage for where I go.

I am looking at these phones:

SAMSUNG SPH-a680
BLACKBERRY 7250
Palm Treo 600

I have read really bad things about the treo...

If you had to choose, which one would you pick and why?

Would they all have the same coverage in Atlantic Canada and/or the rest of Canada?

I got burned by Rogers with coverage and don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Thanks

Snidelywhip
Vox Dei

Oct 4, 2005, 6:17 PM
For the most part they will both get the same service how ever the a680 does have AMPS so in some area's the other two may not work. I have not yet found an AMPS only area and i have traveled all through most of the prairy provinces which have the worst reception everywere. I would choose the blackberry over the Palm mostly because of the bluetooth. I have a PDA right now that does not have bluetooth and i regret it lots. The wireless headsets are so much easyer than trying to dig a wire out of your pocket or holding a brick to your head. I won't even look at any PDA style phone that doesn't have bluetooth if i was you.
danny cena

Oct 17, 2007, 4:18 AM
I suggest you 2 get a Nokia N73.
This small mobile is just amazing & I am talking from a personal experience, you don't believe me? just look at the features & compare with E65, N95 or any other expensive Nokia phones, you will see what I am talking about, this phone is great & what makes it better is that its not even expensive, for the features it provide, don't get N95, E65, E90, etc, just get N73. With my respect to all people who criticized the N73, I have read what you all complain about & I realized that the only problem is they simply don't know how to use a Smartphone. I know it can be slow sometimes but this depends on how you use your phone, what kind of file you uploaded into it, or simply you have some problems with the memory ...
(continues)
ZombieJ

Oct 17, 2007, 8:17 AM
Danny, your effort is noted but you may want to look at the date on the original message.
Cellfoneslinger

Oct 17, 2007, 6:55 PM
I was wondering why the phones he listed were so old 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.