Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 12 replies

PrePaid Service in Canada

Dollgrin

Nov 27, 2010, 7:35 PM
I accidentally posted this in the Around the World forum.

I'm going to be traveling to Canada in the Spring for a week or so and I was curious to know what kind of pre-paid service was reliable to use up there - can someone help me out?
Dollgrin

Nov 27, 2010, 7:36 PM
And I also just realized that no one really posts in this forum either. /sad
JTRaven

Nov 27, 2010, 7:49 PM
It's ok I am sure someone can get you the advice you need
Dollgrin

Nov 27, 2010, 8:40 PM
Yay! You're so positive and upbeat!
JTRaven

Nov 28, 2010, 2:13 PM
I will try to look into this today if I have time for you as well what part of Canada are you going to be in and also what company and phone do you have right now?
Dollgrin

Nov 28, 2010, 5:07 PM
I'm going to be in and around Toronto, ON for the most part.

I currently have Sprint and used to have a world phone (bb tour) but I've upgraded into the BB Style so I can't use their canada rates anymore while out of the country. I also need to make lots of calls, texts, and use the web while I'm there which wasn't great for me the last time I used it up there. They said I should get fantastic service there, but they also said that when I went to Mexico and the entire time I was there I couldn't use my phone at all, so I'm a bit sceptical about using their service while I'm there.

My sister has Rogers Wireless and I looked at the plans for prepaid which aren't horrible, I just don't want to pay a ton for a phone that i"m only going to...
(continues)
JTRaven

Nov 28, 2010, 5:50 PM
To bad you didn't have verizon with our nation wide plus canada plans you would have been fine, I would say look at the telius option, kind of sucks when you actually have to use your phone when away from everything, another option is to check it out when you get their unless you need the phone right away.
Dollgrin

Nov 28, 2010, 6:02 PM
I'm sure I'll be fine finding one when I get there, but I think I'll need it at the airport.

Do the prepaid phones with Verizon work there? I know VM has a Canadian branch that they sell up there, so I was hoping that maybe other networks would have something like that too.
JTRaven

Nov 28, 2010, 6:16 PM
I'm not 100% sure if they do or not
Dollgrin

Nov 28, 2010, 6:53 PM
well I just looked on Verizon online to see what they offer and on their prepaid section they actually have something on prepaid international services but I wanted to make sure I understood it right. I tried to call the Prepaid place but it's all automated and basically directs you to the web to activate etc which I expected. So I called customer service and I know I'm being a dud and not activating a line so I made it short sweet and to the point. The guy who answered was really nice at first, and when I asked my question he was like oh, you have to have regular service and get the us/canada plan. I told him I didn't want to do that becuase I'm only going to be there for a week and don't know how often I'd actually go back and he insisted ...
(continues)
kittie

Nov 28, 2010, 7:13 PM
Since you already have Sprint, maybe you'd want to check Virgin Mobile, Sprint's PrePaid counterpart. I know Virgin also offer a service in Canada.
Dollgrin

Nov 28, 2010, 7:16 PM
I was looking at the site just now but it looks like they mainly offer service in Alberta and Saskatchewan - everything else is waaaaay spotty!
Dollgrin

Nov 28, 2010, 7:33 PM
Actually I just looked at it again and where I'm going to be has service. I will deff look at them again.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.