Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 18 replies

So are you excited?

mmcnier

Apr 27, 2005, 10:37 AM
Number portability will be coming to Canada. In the states, this is a must have. Pretty cool for you guys, eh?
jay2341ca

May 22, 2005, 4:14 PM
it will be avaliabe by the end of this year and wait and see what they are going to do to keep you or to offer you
gayjay

Jun 24, 2005, 3:38 PM
wow we have the same name 🤣
sponge-bob

Jun 26, 2005, 9:12 PM
jay, u are such a ditz!!!
BlueHFX

Jun 27, 2005, 7:00 AM
mmcnier said:
Number portability will be coming to Canada. In the states, this is a must have. Pretty cool for you guys, eh?

We already have it for landline's it is just wireless phones that we do not have it we had it on landlines for ages now
Vox Dei

Jun 27, 2005, 4:28 PM
Where do you live that there are multiple companys for landlines?
BlueHFX

Jul 1, 2005, 6:29 AM
Vox Dei said:
Where do you live that there are multiple companys for landlines?

I live in Halifax we have Aliant and Eastlink in many parts of NB there is rogers and aliant. but here eastlink does really well. apparently primus is trying to sell landline here as well. they kept calling me so i dumped their LD for my wireless for nagging me. I think rogers may if they never already will eventually buy Eastlink because they have a deal for bundle billing with their billing.
Vox Dei

Jul 1, 2005, 5:05 PM
Wow. In alberta we have Telus and that's it. Well not quite true we now have Shaw who just started doing their phone over cable.
BlueHFX

Jul 2, 2005, 7:32 AM
Vox Dei said:
Wow. In alberta we have Telus and that's it. Well not quite true we now have Shaw who just started doing their phone over cable.

yeah eastlink has a cool bundle for here at least. 99.99 i do believe get high speed Internet, basic landline and basic cable. You should check because there is probably other options available just not as well known perhaps.
Vox Dei

Jul 3, 2005, 12:03 PM
I work for telus. I get my TV cable (comes throught he phone line but its basicly cable), high speed internet and basic landline for under $50.
BlueHFX

Jul 3, 2005, 1:05 PM
Vox Dei said:
I work for telus. I get my TV cable (comes throught he phone line but its basicly cable), high speed internet and basic landline for under $50.

Cool deal man. so what do the customers who do not work for the company get the deal for?
Vox Dei

Jul 3, 2005, 2:12 PM
The Highspeed internet is 1.5 Mbps for $25/month for the first year then $35 after that and the local landline is $30/month if i'm not mistakent but don't quote me on that as i work for the mobility side and haven't paid full price in a while. Internet i know because i don't get a discount on that. You also get $5/month off if you get both (have to have landline to get internet 😛)
Vox Dei

Jul 3, 2005, 2:13 PM
And The TV is not avalible to the pulic yet. It is just in testing...Of course i didn't tell you that.
BlueHFX

Jul 3, 2005, 2:38 PM
Vox Dei said:
And The TV is not avalible to the pulic yet. It is just in testing...Of course i didn't tell you that.

Thats sounds like a cool deal though. so you work for one of these American companies as well? me I work indirectly for Cingular. Damn gophone split today though.
BlueHFX

Jul 4, 2005, 7:49 AM
BlueHFX said:
Vox Dei said:

Thats sounds like a cool deal though. so you work for one of these American companies as well? me I work indirectly for Cingular. Damn gophone split today though.

Nevermind I reread your previous message duh on me 🤭 Sorry
debbri01

Jul 6, 2005, 11:08 AM
I live in alberta,and Telus sucks! most people i know have moved most of there services to other provdes-Primus is a grat way to go for affordability in phone service -not sure about cable and internet although they do provide service as well
Vox Dei

Jul 6, 2005, 8:11 PM
I've never had a problem with telus land line. I've heard of a few people that have but i've always had great service with them. I don't think any of my friends have switched to Primus. I have a few friends that are really looking at the new shaw stuff though. Most my friends use shaw for internet and cable here.
debbri01

Jul 12, 2005, 7:10 AM
Do you think we will be luckey enough to see canadian cell providers start becoming competitive and lowering the cost of the phones like they did in the states last year.it would sure be nice to get a phone for next to nothing .really looking forward to number portability
BlueHFX

Jul 12, 2005, 8:21 AM
debbri01 said:
Do you think we will be luckey enough to see canadian cell providers start becoming competitive and lowering the cost of the phones like they did in the states last year.it would sure be nice to get a phone for next to nothing .really looking forward to number portability

The number portability may help but hard to get lower cost phones after all we are a much smaller country a lot less customers therefore a lot less buying power.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.