Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Unlocked phones

CellStudent

Mar 28, 2010, 11:56 PM
So, a friend of mine who just moved to Canada said one of the reps in a Telus store told him that all handsets in Canada have to be available unlocked...

My associate is not very tech savvy, so I think he may have mis-interpreted whatever the agent was trying to tell him, but it does make me curious about how things are done up yonder North. How do handset exclusivity and contract terms play out up there?
easystreet

Mar 31, 2010, 10:38 AM
first off they have to sign a 3 yr contract because of the metric system

secondly to charge the phones they have to use generators powered by moose

to top it off its illegal to use the phones while ice fishing

the good thing is there government run healthcare will cover cancer caused by radiation emitted from the phones
soccaluv

May 23, 2010, 4:48 PM
We do not use moose to power anything up here...we plug it into a wall like you do
callcenterrep69

Apr 19, 2011, 8:22 AM
eh?
CellStudent

Apr 22, 2010, 6:16 PM
Does anyone up there have a real answer for this?
wildbill1977

Apr 30, 2010, 11:11 AM
CellStudent,

I can confirm that handsets in Canada are not sold unlocked. And as a Telus customer myself, can confirm that my current handset is soc locked to Telus and cannot be used in conjunction with another providers sim card.

I can also confirm that what easystreet posted is entirely untrue. Our Generators are powered by beavers running on giant hamster wheels.😛
soccaluv

May 23, 2010, 5:06 PM
we do have unlocked phones in canada but not offered by any carriers....
SprintXC

Apr 8, 2011, 8:37 AM
I can confirm that we do have unlocked phones, however there are only a handful of carriers that will assist you in getting an unlock code to unlock your phone, for a measily 50.00 charge.. lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.