Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

Which of these work best in the Vancouver area?

yabo

Dec 8, 2004, 11:49 AM
I plan to be living in the Vancouver area next year and wondered which of the following had the best cell phone service, customer and signal coverage:

AT & T

Bell Mobility

Cingular

Nextel
mofi

Dec 16, 2004, 3:45 PM
cingular , i think
jas259871

Dec 17, 2004, 12:06 AM
Att had a sister company called rogers they are the big carrier up in canada. cingular will also work up there. There are two plans offered with these carriers If you have att and are on the GSM National plan you can add the North American Plan which cost 10 extra and there will be no roaming charges. Cingular offer the North America rate plan which will also cover you
WesternCanadian

Apr 14, 2005, 1:12 AM
AT&T, Cingular (US companies now merged), Rogers and Fido (Canadian companies now merged) all use GSM technology. Compatibility is 100%. If you would rather use local monthly or prepaid (aka PAYT) plans in BC, your GSM phone must be unlocked so you can buy & use a different carrier's SIM card. Otherwise you are stuck with the often-expensive roaming rates of your home US carrier (unless you can get a good North American plan from them).

No matter which GSM carrier you went with, all GSM coverage in BC is provided mainly by Rogers & some by Fido, so their towers will determine coverage.

Bell Mobility and Telus Mobility are subsidiaries of the 2 biggest telcos in Canada, using CDMA phones (compatible & use each other's networks). The...
(continues)
elmo01

Apr 16, 2005, 6:08 AM
yabo said:
I plan to be living in the Vancouver area next year and wondered which of the following had the best cell phone service, customer and signal coverage:

AT & T

Bell Mobility

Cingular

Nextel

att/cingular and nextel are american carriers...no service offered in Canada...
Bell mobility is a CDMA provider (I use ALIANT mobility (east coast subsidiary) good coverage here check there map at

http://www.bell.ca/shop/en_CA_BC/PrsShpWlsRtpAIO_Lis ... »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.