Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

PDA Phone & Carrier Choice for FL (USA) and Panama

directjj

Jan 2, 2007, 10:01 PM
I'll be switching Cell Phone services and getting a new PDA type phone with Internet eMail, Motorola Q, or Blackberry or something.

Since I plan to visit Panama, maybe spend some time down there and retire there in a few years I'm wondering if there is an inexpensive way to use the same Cell Phone in both Panama and the USA (FL).

E.G. an Unlocked Phone?

I was told by Verizon and Sprint that I should talk to Cingular or T-Mobil because their phones are GSM phones and V & S are not and therefore can not be made to work in Panama.

Still Cingular is talking $1.99 a minute or $2.29 a minute with or without their International Roaming package.

Now a days the cell phone companies sell 'locked' phones so you can only use the phone t...
(continues)
heyheyhey

Jan 2, 2007, 11:46 PM
i don't know about what to recommend, but you don't have to have a plan to go internationally when you buy an unlocked phone. if you search around ebay, you should be able to find an unlocked phone that you like for a decent price... and once you get to panama, you could get a prepaid sim card and put it in your phone.

and anyways, as of a few weeks ago, it's legal to take a phone to your carrier and get it unlocked for free.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.