Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Using cingular phone in St Lucia

francine

Dec 4, 2006, 9:25 PM
I'm going to St. Lucia for a week and called Cingular to sign up for international rate. However, when I checked phone scoop to see if my Nokia 6102j phone would work, I got confused. Does anyone know if it will work in St. Lucia? Thanks
jmac32here

Dec 5, 2006, 12:08 AM
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?summary= ... »
Cingular's 8102i uses GSM 850/1800/1900

According to Cingular's International Details:
Digicell uses GSM 1800/1900
Cable & Wireless uses GSM 850

So hopefully this helps, and yes...it looks like your phone will work there for both Voice and Data.

(Hope you don't mind me using radioshack.com to help me in my research. Only site I could think of at the spur of the moment to have detailed information regarding Cingular's phones. Which can be confusing here at Phonescoop since some phones are offered by many carriers wi...
(continues)
heyheyhey

Dec 5, 2006, 12:31 AM
oh yeah, make sure your phone is unlocked 😛
Sales

Dec 5, 2006, 2:10 PM
I was just in St. Lucia in October for a cruise and yes it will work in some spots. The only thing is when people call you it automatically shows up private call.
francine

Dec 6, 2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks to all who replied. It helps to know I'll be able to call home.
mrcamp

Dec 7, 2006, 6:15 AM
While it's good to have an unlocked phone so that you can use another provider's sim in it (for example a prepaid local sim for St. Lucia), if you plan on just using your cingular sim (roam with cingular), your phone does not really need to be unlocked. You just need to make sure cingular has provisioned your account to be able to roam.

I do not think your phone has the 900 band, but you should be okay without it. You may not get the best coverage though.
See the bands each carrier uses below.

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_lc.shtml »
Leandra48

Dec 15, 2006, 1:16 AM
check www.gsmworld.com

it says yes it will work.

Wireless Ventures (St. Lucia) Limited (Cingular Wireless)
GSM 900/1900
Live
Leandra48

Dec 15, 2006, 1:20 AM
per cingular website, international roaming there will cost you $ 1.99 per min, and $ 1.69 per min if you add the world package for $ 5.99 to your account. just make sure you do this before you leave.
Leandra48

Dec 15, 2006, 1:25 AM
oh did i forget, you have a tri band phone,
Tri-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/1800/1900 MHz , which means also a world phone, so you can travel and roam internationally with it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.