Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Thinking about moving and need advice

rwilliams

Nov 12, 2006, 1:29 PM
So I'm thinking about moving from the U.S. to England and would like to stay in the wireless business. Which company would be the best bet for me? I hear a company called Orange is good. That's as much as I know, though. Any advice is appreciated. TIA!!
ondisplay

Nov 15, 2006, 1:16 PM
Orange is a pretty good company.

I would suggest looking at Vodafone. Last time I was in the UK i spoke to a couple reps there and from what I gathered they pay the best. Also they're hands down the largest company over there.
littlefuzzbear

Nov 25, 2006, 10:48 PM
rwilliams said:
So I'm thinking about moving from the U.S. to England and would like to stay in the wireless business. Which company would be the best bet for me? I hear a company called Orange is good. That's as much as I know, though. Any advice is appreciated. TIA!!

Any of the majors will likely work OK for you. There's T-Mobile, O2, Orange, 3 (Hutchison) and Vodafone. Vodafone is the largest of the UK networks. Pretty much all the major networks have good coverage though O2 and Vodafone have the 900 networks and have a slight edge.
scotsboyuk

Dec 4, 2006, 1:22 PM
Vodafone is the largest network overall out of the networks that operate in the UK i.e. counting their entire global network. However, in the UK T-Mobile is currently the largest network based on number of customers.

I imagine all the networks are probably fairly similar to work for.
J0hnnyM

Dec 16, 2006, 8:53 AM
More people in the UK and most of Europe would rather have T.

I lived in Germany for 5 years and stuck with Telekom the whole time. It's Germany's version of Tmobile.

Orange is great too but I know as a customer there I preferred T.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.