Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 5 replies

can i use my USA tracfone to text Australia?

foxhound_alfa

Aug 22, 2006, 7:48 PM
I have a friend in australia and an unactive tracfone from nokia. I want to know whether I will be able to send text messages to her if I buy minutes. I read at the tracfone website that you must enter a 10 digit number in order to send a text message, and her number has more than 10 digits. Does this make it impossible?

Thanks.
Mike.
mrcamp

Aug 22, 2006, 8:29 PM
If the phone is active and you have minutes, you should be able to text AUS. As long as International texting is allowed. The 10 digits mentioned is for US phones. For international numbers, enter the country code then the number.
mrcamp

Aug 22, 2006, 8:31 PM
Also enter the international dialing code(011) or + for GSM phones before the country code. So, for UK, it will be 01144number.
tracfone4all

Aug 24, 2006, 3:20 PM
Tracfone can do anything, at any place, at any time... it just depends how Tracfone feels at the time.
Rich Brome

Aug 25, 2006, 10:11 AM
No.

From the Tracfone web site:

http://www.tracfone.com/questions.jsp »

Can I send a text messaging internationally?
No, although your phone may support it, it is not offered by TRACFONE at this time.

In other words, it's a Tracfone thing, not a phone thing.
ondisplay

Aug 25, 2006, 10:28 AM
I thought Tracfone could do anything?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.