Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 13 replies

verizon wireless is impossible to contact from overseas

ruthiebaby88

Jul 18, 2006, 12:12 PM
just wanted to let all you international travelers know i have had a nightmare trying to manage my verizon wireless account from overseas.

it was all fine until i forgot my password to my online access. i had my account on hold while i was living in australia. they resumed service on my account - meanwhile i had no online access - i tried to phone them, but they were unable to even give me a phone number that i could dial from australia - the only was i could contact them was through email = every time i emailed i got a different representative and had to explain my situation from the beginning - they refused to give me any info about my account except the current balance, wouldn't even tell me what it was they wanted me to pay for - ju...
(continues)
littlefuzzbear

Jul 18, 2006, 6:11 PM
ruthiebaby88 said:
just wanted to let all you international travelers know i have had a nightmare trying to manage my verizon wireless account from overseas.

it was all fine until i forgot my password to my online access. i had my account on hold while i was living in australia. they resumed service on my account - meanwhile i had no online access - i tried to phone them, but they were unable to even give me a phone number that i could dial from australia - the only was i could contact them was through email = every time i emailed i got a different representative and had to explain my situation from the beginning - they refused to give me any info about my account except the current balance, wouldn't even tell me wha
(continues)
z34007

Jul 18, 2006, 7:26 PM
If I cancel my service, sign up with another carrier, go overseas, and then forget my account login information; will it be better with them????
littlefuzzbear

Jul 18, 2006, 9:07 PM
z34007 said:
If I cancel my service, sign up with another carrier, go overseas, and then forget my account login information; will it be better with them????

Huh? ๐Ÿคจ
ruthiebaby88

Jul 19, 2006, 9:35 PM
I have traveled extensively and Verizon Wireless is the ONLY company I have ever come across that didn't at least have a regular local phone number that could be dialed from overseas.

It might be worth asking your provider for specifics before you sign up with them!
ruthiebaby88

Jul 19, 2006, 9:33 PM
""Probably you should have planned better before you left for Australia. I'm sure Verizon has a regular non toll-free number for when you need to access them from outside of North America.

Are you *sure* you couldn't get through with the 1-800 number? Usually from overseas you can access those numbers it's just not toll-free you have to pay for the cost of the call.""

little fuzz bear - trust me i was shocked as well as I travel extensively and have never had this problem with any other company or bank. The reason I didn't cancel my service when I went to Australia is because I didn't know how long I would be staying. When I got there I got a job so that changed everything. It never occurred to me that it would be virtually impossib...
(continues)
littlefuzzbear

Jul 19, 2006, 10:02 PM
ruthiebaby88 said:I am sure the 1800 numbers didn't work from Australia I tried. And as I said I have spent lots of time overseas and am well aware of the procedures of making international calls. Sometimes you can make the call but you just have to pay for the international portion - this wasn't the case in Australia. I tried everything. I too was shocked they didn't have ANY phone numbers that were not 1800 - I repeatedly emailed trying to get a working number and was told by at least 8 different reps that there isn't one. This information was confirmed upon my return into america where I finally was able to speak to a rep.

Even despite what they say you cannot tell me that Verizon doesn't have an y...
(continues)
vz_wireless

Jul 22, 2006, 10:02 PM
(803) 400-4455
littlefuzzbear

Jul 22, 2006, 10:47 PM
vz_wireless said:
(803) 400-4455

Yeah, that's sort of it, but that number's for global roaming. Perhaps they could connect to other Verizon divisions, but if someone wanted to do something with their account could they do it through that number?
vz_wireless

Jul 22, 2006, 10:51 PM
I know it's the global roaming #, but YES it works to get to regular customer service... press option 3 for billing. Just tried it myself.
littlefuzzbear

Jul 23, 2006, 12:22 AM
vz_wireless said:
I know it's the global roaming #, but YES it works to get to regular customer service... press option 3 for billing. Just tried it myself.

Cool! So, despite what many people in the Verizon channel said there *is* a regular number to contact Verizon. I'm not surprised that there is and I'm also not surprised that many in the regular channels wouldn't know that it existed either ๐Ÿ™‚
vz_wireless

Jul 22, 2006, 10:03 PM
vz_wireless

Jul 22, 2006, 10:06 PM
Please deposit $5 into my paypal acct. You're welcome ๐Ÿ™‚
ruthiebaby88

Jul 26, 2006, 4:21 AM
how did you get that number ? i seriously asked >10 representatives from verizon for a number and they insisted that there wasn't any

i even asked them what number they had to dial when they called in sick for work and they said they had an 800 number for that too!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.